February is about to start and as in previous years and months Niantic already has big plans to offer a sensational month for gamers of Pokémon GO. The company has already released part of what it has prepared and highlights the appearance of Pokémon for the first time, which will accompany multiple events throughout the month.
As in previous months, there will be research achievements, which will reward encounters with Espurr (from February 1 to March 1) and the interesting thing is that for the first time it will be seen in its shiny or variocolor form, so It will also be possible to get Meowstic in this form by making it evolve, either female or male.
Featured Pokémon Hours will return in February, as will the cool bonuses that are characteristic of these events. This month, the featured creatures will be Litleo, Spritzee, Koffing, and Voltorb. Below you can see all the bonuses and the calendar of these events, which take place on Tuesdays of the month from 6:00 PM to 7:00 PM (local time).
- Tuesday, February 1 — Litleo with a bonus of double Experience Points (XP) for evolving Pokémon.
- Tuesday, February 8 — Spritzee with double Stardust bonus for catching Pokémon.
- Tuesday, February 15 — Koffing with double XP bonus for catching Pokémon.
- Tuesday, February 22 — Voltorb with double Candy bonus for catching Pokémon.
Find out: a new LEVEL UP t-shirt is now available, run for yours.
Deoxys will return to Pokémon GO with all its shiny forms
Perhaps what is most striking about the plans for February is that there will be a lot of interesting Raids, especially the legendary ones. We say this because Deoxys will be back in all its forms and the best thing is that it will finally be possible to capture them in their shiny version. Additionally, Regirock and Registeel will appear earlier, and Raikou, Entei, Suicune, Lugia, and Ho-Oh will appear briefly during Pokémon GO Fest Johto. Here is a list with the appearance calendar and the movements that the Pokémon of 5-star Raids and Mega Raids will know.
- Mega Houndoom (Mega raids) from February 1 to 15
- Mega Ampharos (Mega Raids) from October 15 to March 1
- Regirock (5 stars, knows Earthquake) from February 1 to 9
- Registeel (5 stars, knows Electrocannon) from February 9 to 16
- Deoxys Normal Forme (5 stars) from February 16 to 19
- Deoxys Attack Forme (5 stars) from February 19 to 22
- Deoxys Defense Forme (5 stars) from February 22 to 25
- Deoxys Speed Forme (5 stars) from February 25 to March 1
- Raikou (5 stars) February 26
- Entei (5 stars) February 26
- Suicune (5 stars) February 26
- Lugia (5 stars) February 26
- Ho-Oh (5 stars) February 26
Of course, Raid Hours will return in February and will be held every Wednesday of the month from 6:00 PM to 7:00 PM (local time). Specifically, these events will take place on Wednesday, February 2, 9, 16 and 23, and the protagonists will be Regirock, Registeel, Deoxys Normal Forme and Deoxys Defense Forme.
In case you missed it: Hisui’s first Pokémon already debuted in Pokémon GO.
There will be many more events and bonuses in February
That’s not all, because in February there will also be several bonuses. From February 16 to March 1, players will be able to find up to 2 Raid Passes by spinning Photo Discs in Gyms, and weekly bundles for 1 PokéCoin will be available again this month and will include 1 Remote Raid Pass and other items.
As we told you, a new Community Day will also be celebrated in February and the protagonist will be the cute Pokémon Dandelion.
Likewise, we remind you that the Johto Pokémon GO Tour will also take place in February, precisely on Saturday, February 26, and it will be loaded with content from Pokémon Gold & Silver. In addition, in Mexico there will be a Pokémon GO Tour of Kanto only in Monterrey, Mexico, and players who attend will be able to find very special creatures.
Earlier, players will be able to enjoy more events. As soon as February begins, users will be able to participate in the Lunar New Year event, which will end on February 7. As usual, players will be able to take part in a Valentine’s Day-themed event (February 10-14) and there will be a Pokémon GO Tour Johto prep event (February 18-25), which will be focused on the Pokéballs.
What did you think of all the surprises that Niantic prepared for February in Pokémon GO? Tell us in the comments.
Pokémon GO is available on mobile devices. You can find more news related to this title if you visit our dedicated minisite.
Related video: Pokemon GO – Tráiler “Together We Raid”
Stay informed with us, at LEVEL UP.