Robinhood provides a rich trading experience, with a wide range of assets to buy and sell. In addition to exchange-traded funds, cryptocurrencies, and other great items, you can also qualify for various levels of options trading. Best of all, the app does not charge any investment fees, making it accessible to a large customer base. However, getting approved for options is governed by a specific set of rules, and you’re about to find out all about it.
This post will give you all the details on how to qualify for options at Robinhood.
How to get option approval at Robinhood?
You will need to reveal several details if you want to trade options on Robinhood. This is what the app generally requires:
- Your investment goals
- Investment knowledge and experience.
- Financial data (eg income)
Once you have submitted the necessary information, Robinhood evaluates it and decides whether or not to approve you for options trading. The platform assesses whether you are eligible for certain trading levels, based on your information. If you get a level two designation, you will be able to execute three types of operations:
- Cash Covered Put Options
- covered calls
- Long puts and long calls
Clients who wish to engage in level three options trading also undergo a thorough evaluation. Robinhood determines your eligibility based on the criteria listed above (investment objectives, experience, income, etc.). Once the assessment is complete and you are approved for level three trading, you can perform all level two trades, plus the following trades:
- credit spreads
- iron butterflies
- iron condors
How to enable options in Robinhood?
Enabling options on Robinhood is relatively easy:
- Press the “Account” button in the upper right corner of your screen.
- Press “Settings”.
- Go to the “Options trading” section.
- Click the “Enable” button.
- Answer the questions about your investment experience, knowledge and other relevant details.
You can then start making your options trades:
- Navigate to the top right of your screen and tap on the magnifying glass.
- Find the stocks to include in your options trade.
- Click or tap the name of the action.
- Press the “Trade” button at the bottom right of the “Detail” section of your shares.
- Choose “Business Options”.
How to get fast approval for options?
The fastest way to get options approval on Robinhood is to provide positive answers to the questions asked when you first enable options trading. Under ideal circumstances, you will already have a lot of experience trading stocks and options. You must also have a high risk tolerance factor to improve your eligibility.
Otherwise, engaging in option training without any knowledge will most likely lead to failed investments. This is why accumulating experience should be your top priority before you start trading options.
Now let’s take a look at some more useful information about Robinhood options trading.
Can you get Robinhood on PC?
Another great thing about Robinhood is that you can use it on your PC, and not just on your mobile phone. The PC version is a wise choice for many reasons. You don’t have to worry about overloading your phone when using the app or being disturbed by phone calls.
Plus, you’ll get all the benefits of a full-screen experience with a mouse and keyboard. Also, the app is easy to install and configure, and the controls are intuitive.
Is Robinhood good for options trading?
Robinhood can be a great option for options trading. For one, Robinhood is one of the few brokers that doesn’t charge you contract fees. This makes the platform very accessible, even if you don’t have a lot of starting capital.
On the other hand, the platform can get slower and slower when you have multiple options. At a certain point, you may experience so many problems that your app reconnects once every few minutes.
Additionally, Robinhood liquidates all positions at 3:00 pm ET on the market. Sudden volatility at that time can lead to a significant loss in value when liquidated. Most of the traders are affected by this as they usually do not have enough margin for execution.
Does Robinhood charge any fees?
Robinhood’s mission is to reduce as many fees as possible. As a result, the app does not charge the following cash management fees:
• Maintenance: Opening, closing or maintaining your brokerage account is not subject to fees.
• In-network ATM use: As long as you go to an ATM in the MoneyPass or Allpoint network, you will not be charged a fee. However, using a different ATM provider may incur charges that will not be refunded to you.
• Inactive account: You will not pay charges for inactivity on your account.
• Foreign Transaction: There are no fees for making debit card purchases abroad. Your Mastercard automatically converts currencies at a selected rate. Although Robinhood does not charge any foreign transaction fees, you may be charged a conversion fee by a foreign ATM operator or merchant if you complete a foreign transaction in US dollars or withdraw money.
• Transfer – You can transfer money between your account and the bank at no charge at Robinhood.
• Card Replacement – If your card is lost, stolen or damaged, Robinhood will send you a new one free of charge.
How do you get Tier 3 Options on Robinhood trading?
You must have the appropriate options trading experience to qualify for level three options trading. If the app notifies you that it needs more experience, you’ll be able to reapply after you’ve done a few more operations.
Keep in mind that you also need a certain level of risk tolerance if you want to participate in level three options trading at Robinhood.
Why can’t I trade options at Robinhood?
If you are unable to start options trading at Robinhood, you need to make sure you have enabled the feature:
1. Navigate to the top right of your screen and press the “Account” button.
2. Choose “Settings” and go to the “Options Trading” section.
3. Press “Enable”.
4. Provide information about your investment knowledge and other factors.
The final step brings us to another reason why you may not be able to trade options: the application may decide that it doesn’t have enough knowledge to trade options. You will be notified about this and can start working on your skills right away.
Should you trade cryptocurrencies in Robinhood?
Robinhood is a decent option for cryptocurrency day trading. The app does not require you to have a sizeable portfolio to make more than five intraday trades each week. Since the cryptocurrency market is always open, you can trade whenever you want. This freedom makes cryptocurrency trading on Robinhood very attractive, especially if you are a beginner.
However, Robinhood only allows its customers to bet on the price of cryptocurrencies. Some other websites, such as Coinbase, allow you to purchase Bitcoin and other currencies for later use.
So, if you only plan to trade crypto as a form of investment, there is nothing wrong with Robinhood. However, you may also need the ability to send your purchased crypto to friends, buy products, or use it in blockchain projects.
What is the Robinhood Investing App?
Robinhood is a free trading platform that allows you to trade stocks, exchange traded funds, options, and cryptocurrencies for free. Initially, Robinhood was one of the few brokers that offered free trading. The app offers both mobile and web investment opportunities. Some of its most significant advantages include:
• The ability to invest any amount: You can choose how many funds you want to invest, either in dollars or in stocks.
• Balanced portfolio creation: Clients can customize their portfolios with different funds and companies to reduce risk.
• Real-time trading: You get access to share prices as trades submitted during market hours are executed at the same time.
Kick start your options journey
If you want to get the most out of your investment efforts, you may want to consider expanding your portfolio and trading more than just stocks. Call and put options at Robinhood allow you to profit from a variety of stock market outcomes, which can lead to lucrative rewards.
Of course, you will first need to gain enough experience to get approved for options trading on this excellent platform. After that, it all comes down to seizing your opportunities and making smart investments.
Have you started trading options on Robinhood? Were you able to make a profit? Is the process simpler or more complicated than on other platforms? Tell us in the comments section below.