Roblox is a universe where anyone can create unique games and let others play them. The game looks basic but it is quite powerful, with a lot of versatility and many advanced options. You can even record gameplay and then upload it to your favorite video site, but how do you do it? This article will show you. More specifically, this article is about how to record Roblox gameplay on Windows PC.
Best Ways to Record Roblox Gameplay on Windows
Like many games, Roblox comes with a recording option, but there are other alternatives as well, known as third-party tools. Here are the options to record your live Roblox gameplay.
option no. Fix #1: Use Roblox’s built-in game recorder
The built-in Roblox recorder allows you to capture all of your gameplay or just parts of it using an in-game user interface (UI). It’s relatively easy to use and will record directly to your hard drive. Here’s how to do it.
- Open Roblox and start a game.
- Click on the Roblox icon in the top left section to open the settings.
- Select Record from the menu and configure your recording settings.
- Choose Record Video when you’re ready to start.
- You will see a thin, red border around the game to indicate a recording is in progress.
- To stop recording, select the Roblox icon in the top left section as before, click the Record menu option, and select Stop Recording.
- The game will resume and a notification will appear on the right that says Recorded Video. Click Open Folder to view your Roblox recordings.
- If you don’t see the above notification, open Windows Explorer and go to your user’s Videos -> Roblox folder.
From your Videos -> Roblox folder, you can edit your recordings and send them to any video sharing website you like, like YouTube or Twitch. More specifically, saving to disk allows you to cut and trim, add filters and features, and incorporate voiceovers or other effects.
The recording feature built into Roblox is pretty cool and will capture your gameplay well. It is no longer uploaded to video sites and does not have the option of voiceover or picture in picture. So if you want to upload to Twitch or offer tutorials on YouTube, you have to use something else.
Option #2: Record Roblox Gameplay with OBS Studio
OBS (Open Broadcasting Software) is a free application to record anything on a PC. The program is top notch and offers broadcast quality video with a picture-in-picture option included. OBS Studio also has voiceover functionality and hundreds of other options and effects. The recording software works on Windows, macOS, and Linux, and is 100% free to download and use.
OBS Studio takes a while to set up, but once it’s done; you can start recording and streaming professional-grade video in no time.
- Download and install the Windows version of OBS Studio.
- Open Roblox so it runs in the background. Start OBS Studio if it’s not already running. Select Settings in the bottom right section of the screen.
- Go to the Scenes box in the lower left section and then click + to add a new entry.
- Give the input a scene name that will act as the title of your video.
- Go to the Fonts box and select “+” to add the source, then select Game Capture.
- In the new Create/Select Font window, add a font name or select Add Existing. Check the box next to Make source visible to ensure the game is displayed in OBS, and then click OK.
- Under the Properties for [‘your source name here’] window, select the Mode drop-down menu and choose Capture Specific Window.
- In the Window dropdown menu, select your Roblox game.
- Your game will appear in OBS to represent what the video will look like in the end. Click OK in the bottom right section to save your changes.
- Select Start recording when ready.
To further enhance your gaming video options, you can add your webcam as a source, using the “+” log in to the source section as before. You can also add your Twitch, YouTube, Facebook Live, and more to OBS, and then stream your live video if that’s your thing.
To use your webcam and picture-in-picture (PIP) in your Roblox video, add your camera as a source using the “+” sign, place the location of the webcam video on the screen, and click Start Recording. The process is simple once you get comfortable with setting up OBS.
To add a video streaming site like YouTube or Twitch, click Settings -> Streaming and then choose your provider from the dropdown menu. Then all you have to do is connect the account or use a stream key. Look closely, that does not say Steam key.
Overall, Roblox gameplay recording is perfect for making simple videos that you can edit later and do whatever you want with them. OBS and other third-party capture programs offer more features and options to give you extras like voiceover, screen transitions, and PIP. OBS is great for the price of nothing, offering a ton of configuration options that you can experiment with to get your Roblox gameplay video just the way you want it. Just try a few options until you have the settings you’re happy with, and then go from there.
This is how to record Roblox gameplay on Windows PC. Get started and have fun!