Standing out from the crowd on TikTok is not an easy thing to do. You must use all available techniques to distinguish yourself from the rest. Adding dialogue, be it audio or text, is certainly a step in the right direction.
In this article, we will show you how you can add dialog to a TikTok video.
Adding audio dialog
If you’re lucky, the audio you want may already be in the TikTok sound library. You can find it by tapping the + button at the bottom of the screen and then tapping Sounds at the top. Enter the title of the audio you’re trying to find, then tap the magnifying glass to search.
If you want to use original dialogue, or just can’t find the one you want to use, you can use the Voiceover feature to add it, or edit a dialogue clip to add it to your new video. To do so, follow these steps:
Using the voice-over feature
- Record your TikTok video, then tap the check mark when you’re done.
- Tap Voiceover.
- You will now be shown the voiceover editing screen. Tapping or long pressing the record button will allow you to record a voiceover. You can move the slider to find a specific part of your clip to record dialogue.
- Tap Save to finish editing your voiceover, then tap Next to continue.
- Edit your post information, then tap Post to upload it or Drafts to edit it later.
Using an edited audio dialog clip
- Record audio dialogue on video or find a clip with dialogue you want to use.
- Edit the video using a third party application. TikTok only has limited editing tools, and to properly edit audio dialogue, you’ll need to use another app or even a PC if you want the timing to be right. Once you’re done, transfer the edited clip to your mobile phone if it’s not already there.
- Open the TikTok app and tap +.
- Tap Upload. It’s the icon to the right of Record.
- Load the clip with the audio dialog you want to use.
- Tap Next, then tap Next again. You can choose to make this video private if you want, just tap Who can see this video, then choose Private. Once you’re done, tap Post.
- Go back to your profile, find the video you uploaded, and then tap on it.
- Touch the icon at the bottom right, then touch Add to Favorites, then touch OK.
- Record your new video on TikTok, then click the check mark when you’re done.
- Tap Sounds. It’s in the bottom left of your screen.
- Tap Favorites, then find your uploaded audio dialog. Tap it, then tap the check mark.
- You will have the option to continue editing the video here. Once you’re done, tap Next, then tap Post.
Adding subtitles or subtitles
If instead of adding audio dialogue, you want to add subtitles, you can also do it in two ways, either by adding it manually in TikTok or using a third-party app to add the subtitles, then upload that video to TikTok. Here’s how to do it:
Using a third party application
Third party sites like Water It has tools that you can use to edit in the video title. This is easier and less time consuming than having to do it on TikTok. There are other apps and sites that will do the same for your clips. One drawback, however, is that the subtitles are encoded in the clip itself, so TikTok won’t be able to use the information to search for keywords.
This is the longest way to put a text dialog, but it has the advantage of letting TikTok use any part of the text you enter to index the clip for keywords. This is great if you want people searching for specific words to be able to find the clip. To make a manual entry, follow these steps:
- Record a TikTok video. Once you’re done, tap the check mark.
- Tap Text at the bottom of the screen.
- Write your subtitles. It will be easier to make phrases instead of single words if only to reduce the work you will have to do. But if you want to write single words for emphasis, you can.
- Tap outside the keyboard to place the text on the screen. Drag the caption to where you want it to go.
- Touch the text itself to open the options. Tap Set Duration.
- Use the sliders on both the left and right to set the time the subtitles appear and disappear. Once you’re done, tap the check mark.
- Repeat the process for the entire clip by touching the text again, and then edit it to suit your needs.
- Once done, tap Next, then proceed to Publish.
- His subtitled clip is now available on TikTok.
A tool for creativity
Adding dialogs to TikTok clips is just another tool to show your creativity when making videos. It’s not easy to get the attention of the platform’s millions of users, but having all these options available is a good thing. The more you exercise your imagination, the better you can make them.
Do you have any tips and tricks on how to add dialogue to a TikTok video? Share your thoughts in the comments section below.