The domain of Nintendo Switch in Japanese weekly sales remains unchanged, as do the same two titles that dominate the Japanese game chart. best sellers in physical format in Japan since the last months of 2021: Mario Party Superstars Y Pokémon Shiny Diamond / Shiny Pearl.
In the case of party game starring the characters from the Champin Kingdom has placed 22,108 units, according to figures shared by the Japanese magazine Famitsu and spread by Gematsu. Sum 793,683 copies as of January 16. Since its release on October 29, the title has been the best-seller for four weeks. The rest have been in second position.
the times that Super Mario Party hasn’t dominated the chart, the other Nintendo game has, the remakes from Pokemon Diamond and Pearl, which this week is the second best-selling game with 19,129 copies and that close to two and a half million of units sold. Published on November 19, since then it has been in first position for six weeks and in second place for another two.
Of the ten games that make up the list, eight of them are edited by Nintendo and they are all for Nintendo Switch. The two that the Japanese brand does not distribute are Minecraft: Nintendo Switch Edition (which is two or three weeks away from reaching 2.5 million), Microsoft, and Momotaru Dentetsu: Showa, Heisei, Reiwa mo Teiban!, from Konami. The software list looks like this:
- 1. Mario Party Superstars – 22.108 (793.683)
- 2. Pokémon Brilliant Diamond / Shimmering Pearl – 19,129 (2,454,455)
- 3. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – 18.505 (4.713.464)
- 4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 17.684 (4.373.799)
- 5. Minecraft: Nintendo Switch Edition – 12.986 (2.475.523)
- 6. Animal Crossing: New Horizons – 11.948 (7.149.014)
- 7. Big Brain Academy: Battle of Wits – 10,895 (223,428)
- 8. Ring Fit Adventure – 10.064 (3.044.438)
- 9. Momotaru Dentetsu: Showa, Heisei, Reiwa mo Teiban! –9.964 (2.570.479)
- 10. Clubhouse Games: 51 Worldwide Classics – 6.845 (906.012)
As for hardware sales, little news compared to previous weeks. Nintendo Switch OLED model, Nintendo Switch and Nintendo Switch Lite have sold 94,523 units; PlayStation 5 and PS5 Digital Edition have placed 14.453 mquinas; and Xbox Series X and Xbox Series They have added 2,267 consoles. Nintendo 2DS and Nintendo 2DS XL have placed 498 mquinas. Have been sold 17 PlayStation 4 in Japan between January 10 and 16. The breakdown is as follows:
- 1. Switch model OLED 48,824 (993,807)
- 2. Switch 29.131 (17.867.356)
- 3. Switch Lite 16.568 (4.497.478)
- 4. PlayStation 5 12.996 (1.090.990)
- 5. Xbox Series S 1.848 (57.446)
- 6. PlayStation 5 Digital Edition 1,457 (204,152)
- 7. New 2DS XL (incluyendo 2DS) 489 (1.180.714)
- 8. Xbox Series X 419 (74.265)
- 9. PlayStation 4 17 (7.819.277)