Tuesday’s NHL game will see the Boston Bruins (21-12-2) hit the ice against the Carolina Hurricanes (25-8-2), kicking off at 8:00 pm ET at the TD Garden. The Bruins are in eighth place while the Hurricanes are fourth in the Eastern Conference.
How to watch Boston vs Carolina
Betting information for Boston vs. Carolina
Statistics for Boston and Carolina
- On average, the Bruins score 3.0 goals in a game (14th in the league) and the Hurricanes allow 2.3 (first).
- The Hurricanes scored 3.4 goals per game (119 in 35 games) and the Bruins conceded 2.7 (93 in 35).
- Boston has a +13 goal differential on the season, 11th in the league.
- Carolina is +39 overall in terms of goals this season, second in the league.
- The Hurricanes have conceded 12 power-play goals (first in the league in penalty percentage), and the Bruins have scored 25 power-play goals (eighth in power-play percentage).
- The Bruins have conceded 19 goals from a handicap (killing 83.2% of penalties) and the Hurricanes have scored 26 power-play goals (successful 24.3% of chances).
Carolina Impact Players
- Sebastian Aho has scored 16 goals (0.5 per game) and dished out 22 assists (0.7 per game), fueling Carolina’s offense with 38 points in total (1.2 per game). He is averaging 3.1 shots per game, shooting 16.3%.
- Andrei Svechnikov has added 28 points this season, with 12 goals and 16 assists.
- Carolina’s Teuvo Teravainen is among the team’s top scorers with 28 total points (10 goals and 18 assists).
- Frederik Andersen has a .928 save percentage (third-best in the league). He has 634 saves and has conceded 49 goals (2.0 goals against the average).
- Antti Raanta has a save percentage of .908, recording a total of 198 saves and allowing 20 goals (2.0 goals against average).
Martin Necas: Out (COVID-19), Antti Raanta: Day to Day (Upper Body), Jake Gardiner: Out (Hip/Back)
Boston Impact Players
- One of Boston’s best offensive players this season is Brad Marchand, who has scored 42 points in 30 games (20 goals and 22 assists).
- David Pastrnak is another of Boston’s offensive options, contributing 31 points (16 goals, 15 assists) to the team.
- Patrice Bergeron has 11 goals and 19 assists for Boston.
- Linus Ullmark has allowed 45 goals (2.5 goals against the average) and has accumulated 501 saves.
Mike Reilly: Out (Health Protocols), Trent Frederic: Day to Day (upper body), Jakub Zboril: Out (lower body), Nick Foligno: Day to Day (lower body), John Moore: Day to day (upper body)
Regional restrictions apply.