Tuesday’s NHL slate features a matchup between the Boston Bruins (21-12-2) and the Carolina Hurricanes (25-8-2), beginning at 8:00 pm ET at the TD Garden. The Bruins are eighth in the Eastern Conference with 44 points and the Hurricanes are fourth in the Eastern Conference with 52 points.
How to watch Boston vs Carolina
Betting information for Boston vs. Carolina
Statistics for Boston and Carolina
- On average, the Bruins score 3.0 goals in a game (14th in the league) and the Hurricanes allow 2.3 (first).
- The Hurricanes rank sixth in the NHL in goals scored per game (3.4) and the Bruins rank eighth in goals conceded (2.7).
- Boston ranks 11th in the league in goal difference, at +13 (+0.4 per game).
- Carolina’s goal differential is +39 on the season (second in the NHL).
- On the power play, the Bruins have scored 25 goals (on 23.8% of the chances, eighth in the NHL) and the understaffed Hurricanes have conceded 12 (killing 90.5% of penalties, first in the league).
- The Bruins have conceded 19 goals from a handicap (killing 83.2% of penalties) and the Hurricanes have scored 26 power-play goals (successful 24.3% of chances).
Boston Impact Players
- Brad Marchand is one of Boston’s top contributors (42 total points), having racked up 20 goals and 22 assists.
- David Pastrnak is another of Boston’s offensive options, contributing 31 points (16 goals, 15 assists) to the team.
- Patrice Bergeron has 11 goals and 19 assists for Boston.
- Linus Ullmark has a 2.5 goals-against average and a .918 save percentage (12th in the league).
Mike Reilly: Out (Health Protocols), Trent Frederic: Day to Day (upper body), Jakub Zboril: Out (lower body), Nick Foligno: Day to Day (lower body), John Moore: Day to day (upper body)
Carolina Impact Players
- Sebastian Aho is one of Carolina’s best offensive options with 38 points (1.2 per game), with 16 goals and 22 assists in 32 games (playing 19:10 per game).
- Andrei Svechnikov is one of the impact players in Carolina’s offense with 28 total points (0.9 per game), 12 goals and 16 assists in 32 games.
- Teuvo Teravainen’s 10 goals and 18 assists add up to 28 points this season.
- Frederik Andersen has allowed 49 goals (2.0 goals against average) and has amassed 634 saves with a .928 save percentage (third-best in the league).
- Antti Raanta has a .908 save percentage, has recorded 198 saves and has allowed 20 goals (2.0 goals against average).
Martin Necas: Out (COVID-19), Antti Raanta: Day to Day (Upper Body), Jake Gardiner: Out (Hip/Back)
Regional restrictions apply.