Knowing how to mirror an iPhone to your TV will unlock a whole world of new possibilities.
When AirPlay was introduced in 2010 as part of iOS 4, it enabled the streaming of audio, video, and photos through an Apple TV device. However, in 2018, Apple went one better and released AirPlay 2.
It caused manufacturers like LG, Samsung, Vizio and Sony, that is, the companies behind the best televisions, to announce that some of their television models would incorporate the technology, allowing users to mirror their iPhone screen on a television. no need for any other. device.
But what does that mean? Well, screen mirroring allows you to mirror your entire iPhone screen to a TV. That means anything you do on an iPhone when screen mirroring is on will show up on your TV.
It’s a great way to show a group of people something that’s on your iOS device without them crowding around a small screen. You can even flip your iPhone from landscape to portrait and replicate that move on TV too.
If you have a compatible TV and iPhone (any iPhone from the iPhone 5S to the latest iPhone 13 series will work), here’s our guide on how to mirror an iPhone to your TV.
How to mirror an iPhone to your TV
1. Connect you TV compatible con AirPlay 2 still Wifi net. Every TV is different, so follow the manufacturer’s instructions. It has to be on the same Wi-Fi network as your iPhone.
2. Now, opened the Control center in you iphone To do this, swipe down from the top right corner of the screen on an iPhone X or later. If you have an older iPhone with a home button, swipe up from the bottom of the screen. Then, tap the mirror screen icon.
3. You should now see your TV listed as one of the supported Screen Mirror devices (Screen Mirroring is also possible if you have an Apple TV connected to a TV). Tap you tv model. Enter the passcode displayed on your TV on your iOS device if prompted to do so.
4. Your iPhone screen will now appear on your TV. Any action you take on your iPhone will be reflected on the television.
5. When you want to finish screen mirroring, open control center again. Touch Screen mirroring Y select Stop mirroring.
How to stream videos from iPhone to TV
If you just want to play a video instead of mirroring your entire iPhone screen, you can use the AirPlay feature built into many video apps, including YouTube.
Here’s how to stream videos from an iPhone to your TV.
1. find a video you want to stream on an app like YouTube.
2. Tap the broadcast icon and choose the device you want to connect to.
3. If you’re playing a video from the Photos app, tap the Share button and Select the air play icon from the list of options. Once again, you will be prompted to choose a device.
Now that you’ve learned how to print from iPhone, check out the 15 Essential Messages Tips Every iPhone Owner Should Know or how to reset an iPad. And if you want to learn more about your iPhone, take a look at How to Use Your iPhone: Essential Tips and Tricks.