NHL action on Sunday features the Washington Capitals (21-8-9) hosting the Vancouver Canucks (16-18-3) at Capital One Arena, beginning at 2:00 pm ET. The Capitals are sixth (with 51 points) in the Eastern Conference and the Canucks are 13th (35 points) in the Western Conference.
How to watch Washington vs. Vancouver
Betting information for Washington vs. vancouver
Statistics from Washington and Vancouver
- On average, the Capitals score 3.3 goals per game (8th in the league), and the Canucks allow 2.9 (15th).
- The Canucks rank 26th in the NHL in goals scored per game (2.5), and the Capitals rank 7th in goals conceded (2.7).
- In terms of goal difference, Washington is +23 on the season (7th in the league).
- Vancouver is -15 overall in terms of goals this season, 21st in the league.
- The Canucks have conceded 34 goals from a handicap (killing 68.8% of penalties) and the Capitals have scored 15 power-play goals (successful 13.4% of chances).
- The Canucks have scored 22 power-play goals (successful 18.5% of chances) and the Capitals have conceded 17 goals from a handicap (killing 82.5% of penalties).
Washington Impact Players
- Alex Ovechkin is one of Washington’s top contributors (53 total points), with 25 goals and 28 assists.
- Evgeny Kuznetsov has 36 points (1.0 per game), scoring 12 goals and adding 24 assists.
- John Carlson scored eight goals and added 24 assists in 38 games for Washington.
- Ilya Samsonov has allowed 52 goals (2.6 goals against the average) and has recorded 483 saves.
- Vitek Vanecek has a .911 save percentage (23rd in the league), and has allowed 41 goals (2.3 goals against average) while recording 421 saves.
John Carlson: Out (COVID-19), TJ Oshie: Day to Day (upper body), Anthony Mantha: Out (upper body)
Vancouver Impact Players
- JT Miller has scored 11 goals (0.3 per game) and has provided 25 assists (0.7 per game), contributing to Vancouver’s offense with 36 total points (1.0 per game). He is averaging 2.5 shots per game, shooting 12.1%.
- Quinn Hughes has helped lead Vancouver’s attack this season with two goals and 26 assists.
- Conor Garland has scored 10 goals on the season, adding 14 assists.
- Thatcher Demko has allowed 80 goals (2.7 goals against average) and has amassed 851 saves with a save percentage of 0.914 (22nd in the league).
- Jaroslav Halak has a .915 save percentage, has made 205 saves and has allowed 19 goals (2.4 goals against average).
Ashton Sautner: Out (COVID-19), Brandon Sutter: Out (Undisclosed), Travis Hamonic: Out (Lower Body), Micheal Ferland: Out (Concussion), Alex Chiasson: Out (Health Protocols), Phillip Di Giuseppe: Out (COVID-19), Jaroslav Halak: Out (COVID-19), Justin Dowling: Out (COVID-19), Brady Keeper: Out (Leg)
Regional restrictions apply.