The NHL’s Thursday schedule includes the New York Rangers (10-23-4) visiting the San Jose Sharks (20-16-1) at the SAP Center in San Jose, beginning at 10:30 p.m. ET The Rangers are fourth in the Eastern Conference and the Sharks are eighth in the Western Conference.
How to watch San Jose vs. New York
Betting information for New York vs. Saint Joseph
Statistics for New York and San Jose
- The Rangers rank 20th in the league in goals scored per game (2.8), and the Sharks rank 20th in goals conceded (3.1).
- The Sharks are scoring 2.8 goals per game (20th in the NHL) and the Rangers conceding 2.5 (2nd).
- New York is +12 overall in terms of goals this season, 13th in the NHL.
- San Jose ranks 20th in the league in goal difference, at -9 (-0.2 per game).
- The Rangers have scored 25 power-play goals (successful 22.9% of chances) and the Sharks have conceded 17 fewer-handed goals (killing 82.1% of penalties).
- The Sharks have scored 16 power play goals (on 17.4% of the chances, 23 in the NHL), and the Rangers have conceded 16 (killing on 85.2% of the penalties, fourth in the league).
New York Impact Players
- One of the offensive players who contributed the most to New York this season is Artemi Panarin, who has 36 points (10 goals, 26 assists) and plays an average of 19:23 per game.
- Adam Fox is another of New York’s most productive contributors in 37 games, with five goals and 31 assists.
- Mika Zibanejad has 33 total points for New York, with 13 goals and 20 assists.
- In 21 games, Igor Shesterkin has conceded 42 goals (2.0 goals against the average) and has made 613 saves.
- Alexandar Georgiev has a .908 save percentage (26th in the league), and has allowed 41 goals (2.4 goals against average) while recording 405 saves.
Julien Gauthier – out (health protocols), Sammy Blais – out of season (lower body), Barclay Goodrow – out (health protocols), Dryden Hunt – out (upper body), Alexis Lafreniere – out (protocols Health), Ryan Reaves: Out (Health and Safety Protocols)
San Jose Impact Players
- Timo Meier’s 15 goals and 24 assists in 32 games for San Jose add up to 39 total points on the season.
- Tomas Hertl is San Jose’s leading scorer with 31 total points this season. He has scored 20 goals and added 11 assists in 37 games.
- Logan Couture has 30 points so far, including 13 goals and 17 assists.
- James Reimer has a save percentage of .916 (16th in the league), with 534 total saves, conceding 49 goals (2.5 goals against average).
- Adin Hill has recorded 476 total saves with a .903 save percentage, allowing 51 goals (2.6 goals against average).
James Reimer: Out (lower body), Nikolai Knyzhov: Out (lower body), Jake Middleton: Day to Day (upper body), Alexander Barabanov: Out (Health Protocols), Jonah Gadjovich: Out ( Not revealed)
Regional restrictions apply.