NHL action on Thursday includes a matchup in Los Angeles, Calif., between the Pittsburgh Penguins (21-9-5) and Los Angeles Kings (18-13-5) at Staples Center, beginning at 10:30 p.m. pm ET. The Penguins are seventh in the Eastern Conference (47 points), and the Kings are seventh in the Western Conference (41 points).
How to watch Los Angeles vs. Pittsburgh
Betting information for Pittsburgh vs. The Angels
Statistics for Pittsburgh and Los Angeles
- On average, the Penguins score 3.3 goals in a game (seventh in the league), and the Kings allow 2.6 (sixth).
- The Kings rank 23rd in the league in goals scored per game (2.7) and the Penguins are second in goals conceded (2.5).
- Pittsburgh is +29 overall in terms of goals this season, fourth in the NHL.
- Los Angeles ranks 16th in the NHL in goal difference, at +5 (+0.1 per game).
- The Penguins have scored 18 power-play goals (successful in 18.0% of chances) and the Kings have conceded 25 goals with fewer hands (eliminating 75.2% of penalties).
- The Kings have scored 19 power-play goals (in 16.4% of the chances, 25th in the NHL), and the Penguins have conceded 8 (killing 90.7% of penalties, first in the league).
Los Angeles Impact Players
- Anze Kopitar’s nine goals and 21 assists in 36 games for Los Angeles add up to 30 total points on the season.
- Adrian Kempe is one of Los Angeles’ top contributors with 22 total points (0.6 per game), with 16 goals and six assists in 36 games.
- Los Angeles’ Viktor Arvidsson is among the team’s top scorers with 20 total points (eight goals and 12 assists).
- Jonathan Quick has a .921 save percentage (10th-best in the league). He has made 605 saves, and has conceded 52 goals (2.4 goals against the average).
- Cal Petersen has 328 saves and a .904 save percentage, conceding 35 goals (2.7 goals against average).
Andreas Athanasiou: Out (undisclosed), Alexander Edler: Out (Lower Body), Carl Grundstrom: Out (Health Protocols), Martin Frk: Out (Health Protocols), Sean Walker: Out Of Season (Lower Body body), Lias Andersson: Out (undisclosed)
Pittsburgh Impact Players
- Jake Guentzel is the leading contributor for Pittsburgh with 35 points. He has 18 goals and 17 assists this season.
- Evan Rodrigues has 30 points (0.9 per game), scoring 15 goals and adding 15 assists.
- Kris Letang has a goal and 28 assists for Pittsburgh.
- Tristan Jarry has allowed 53 goals (1.9 goals against the average) and has accumulated 732 saves.
- Pittsburgh also uses Casey DeSmith in goal. He has conceded 26 goals (3.3 goals against the average) and has made 207 saves, with a save percentage of 0.888.
Jason Zucker: Out (Lower Body), Drew O’Connor: Out (Health & Safety Protocols), Zachary Aston-Reese: Out (Health Protocols), Danton Heinen: Out (Health Protocols), Bryan Rust: Out (COVID-19) )
Regional restrictions apply.