One thing that makes Apple Music stand out is its seamless integration with a variety of devices. With Apple Music, you can stream the latest hits, tune in to internet radio, or even play personally curated playlists for hours on end.
In this guide, we will explain how to connect and play Apple Music on a wide range of devices.
What is Apple Music?
Apple Music is a very popular music streaming service offered by Apple. It was launched in 2015 and has since become a force to be reckoned with in the music streaming industry. It allows anyone with an Apple device to play more than 60 million tracks at the touch of a button. Also, you can:
- Stream millions of music videos ad-free;
- Select and download up to 100,000 songs to your personal library;
- Tune in to thousands of Internet radio stations;
- Broadcast exclusive concerts, shows and events;
- Listen even when offline, and;
- Share your account with up to six people.
You can organize an Apple Library by genre, artist, or album. In fact, you can create a music queue and listen to your favorite songs without interruption. In addition, the service allows you to create your own profile, which you can share with family and friends.
How to Play Apple Music
To play Apple Music, you need to subscribe to one of the packages on offer. After that, you can create a personal music library by selecting the music and music videos you want from the Apple catalog. We show you how to add music to a library if you use an iPhone, iPod, iPad, Mac, PC, or Android device.
- Download and open the Apple Music app.
- Scroll through the Apple catalog for the music you want.
- To add an item to a library, tap the “Add” button next to it. Alternatively, touch and hold a file and then select “Add to Library” from the pop-up menu.
- To play a specific song in your library, just tap “Play.”
Once you’ve downloaded music or added it to an Apple Music library, you can pair an Apple device with a range of third-party audio devices for a better listening experience.
How to Play Apple Music on Alexa
Amazon and Apple may be arch rivals in the tech industry, but when it comes to music, the two companies have made sure they are compatible. All this is possible thanks to Alexa, a smart speaker developed by Amazon. To play Apple Music on Alexa, you need to pair your Apple device and Alexa via Bluetooth.
By way of illustration, we will assume that your Apple device is an iPhone. This is what to do.
- Turn on Bluetooth on your device and place it near Alexa.
- Give Alexa the command: “Alexa, connect to my iPhone.” If you use a different custom name for your device, use it instead.
- Alexa is programmed to pair with your device automatically. When done, Alexa will play a ringtone and then confirm the connection by saying something like “iPhone connection established.”
- Open the Apple Music app, select a file, and tap “Play.”
Thus, the selected song should start playing in Alexa. You can control the volume through either device.
How to Play an Apple Music Playlist on Alexa or an Echo
To play a specific playlist in Alexa, these are the steps to follow:
- Turn on Bluetooth on your device and place it near Alexa.
- Give Alexa the command: “Alexa, connect to my iPhone.”
- Alexa will pair with your device automatically and play a ringtone when a connection is established.
- Give Alexa the command, “Alexa, play [name of playlist]. ” Alternatively, you can just tap on your preferred playlist on your Apple device. Alexa should play it automatically.
How to Play Apple Music on Google Home
Your Google Home speaker can play music stored on your Apple device. To do it:
- Pair your mobile device and Google Home. To do this, open the Google Home app and tap the plus sign in the upper left corner, then tap “Set up device” and follow the steps to pair your Google Home.
- Turn on Bluetooth on your device and place it near Google Home.
- After a few moments, Google Home should be visible in the list of “Available Devices” on your mobile device. Touch “Google Home” to pair.
- Tap the “Play” button on the mobile device to play any song you want.
How to Play Apple Music on Google Home Mini
Google Home Mini presents a competitive alternative to Amazon’s Alexa. Although significantly smaller than the Google Home, the Google Home Mini offers good sound quality and integrates seamlessly with your Apple mobile device. To play Apple Music on Google Home Mini:
- Pair your mobile device and Google Home Mini. To do this, open the Google Home app, tap “Devices” in the upper right corner, tap “Settings”, select “Paired Bluetooth devices” and tap “Enable pairing mode”.
- Turn on Bluetooth on your device and place it near the Google Home Mini.
- After a few moments, the Google Home Mini should be visible in the “Available Devices” list on your mobile device. Touch “Google Home” to pair.
- Open your Apple Music library, select a song, and tap “Play.”
How to Play Apple Music on Roku
You can play Apple Music on Roku set-top boxes too, but there’s a catch. Apple Music files come in M4P format, which is not supported by Roku. As such, you need to convert Apple Music files to MP3 first in order to play them on Roku.
The good thing is that it is easy to convert Apple Music files to MP3 format. You simply need to download and install Apple Music Converter on your Apple device and use it to convert the files you want to play on Roku. After that, you can stream Apple MP3 files through the Roku Media Player channel.
How to Play Apple Music on Peloton
Peloton training bikes come with built-in speakers that you can use to play Apple Music. To do it,
- Open the Apple Music app and sign in.
- Touch a song to play. A red heart will appear next to the song.
- Touch the red heart to add the song to your personal playlist.
To see all the Apple Music items you liked on your bike, just visit your profile page and tap “Music.”
How to Play Apple Music on PS4
Listening to your favorite songs while playing can be a wonderful experience. Unfortunately, PS4 does not support Apple Music service. Be that as it may, you can still play your favorite songs on PS4 after converting your files to PS4 compatible formats like MP3. To do it,
- Download the songs you want to play to your Apple Music account.
- Use a third-party Apple Music converter to convert your songs to one of the supported formats.
- Transfer your songs to your console via a USB drive.
How to play Apple Music on Xbox One
To play Apple Music on Xbox One, first establish a connection between your Apple device and Xbox One. To do this, set up AirServer on Xbox One and then set up AirServer Connect on an Apple device.
After configuring a connection between devices:
- Open your Apple Music library and choose a song to play.
- Tap the Airplay icon on the Apple device. The icon is made up of three rings and an up arrow.
- Touch “Xbox One” to establish a connection. At this point, the Xbox One should start playing the selected song.
How to Play Apple Music on Sonos
Sonos wireless speakers may be just what you need to get the most out of Apple Music. To play songs on Sonos, just follow these steps:
- Download and install the Sonos app on your Apple device.
- Open the Sonos app.
- In the lower right corner, tap “Settings.”
- Choose “Services and Voice.”
- In the resulting menu, select “Add Music Services”.
- Select “Apple Music.”
- Follow the onscreen instructions to sign in to your Apple Music account.
Once you’ve successfully signed in, the “Apple Music” tab should appear when the Sonos app is reopened.
How to Play Apple Music on Echo Dot
Apple Music seamlessly integrates with the Echo Dot for an unforgettable listening experience. To play Apple Music on Echo Dot, this is what you need to do.
- Open the Alexa app.
- In the lower right corner, tap the “More” button.
- Tap “Settings” and tap “Music & Podcasts” under the Alexa Preferences heading.
- Select “Link new service.”
- Select “Apple Music.”
- Follow the onscreen instructions to sign in to Apple Music. At this point, you can instruct the Echo Dot to play specific songs or albums.
How do I use the Apple Music Library?
After you subscribe to Apple Music, your library serves as a central location where all the items you have purchased or downloaded are stored. Your library can contain up to 100,000 songs.
How do you play music on an iPhone?
On the home screen of your iPhone, tap “Music.” Then select a playlist, artist, or album to view specific songs. To play a song, tap the “Play” button next to it.
How do you listen to Apple Music?
To listen to Apple Music, simply download the Apple Music app and install it on your device.
What is the best way to use Apple Music?
To get the most out of Apple Music,
• Download songs to listen offline.
• Rate songs to help Apple Music algorithms learn your taste in music.
How does Apple Music work?
To play Apple Music, you need to subscribe to one of the packages on offer. After that, you can create your own music library by selecting the desired music videos and tracks from Apple’s extensive catalog.
¿Alexa es compatible con Apple Music?
Yes. Alexa is designed to integrate with Apple Music in just a few clicks.
Enjoy Apple Music on various devices
Apple Music has revolutionized music streaming by ensuring that you can listen to all the songs you love on most of today’s most popular audio devices. And thanks to this guide, you can go straight in and enjoy your favorite tracks. What device are you using to play Apple Music? Have you experienced any connection problems with your device? We will participate in the comments.