If you are running the latest version of iOS on your iPhone, you might want to know how to get back full screen caller ID on iOS 15. Since iOS 14, incoming calls are displayed as a banner notification at the top of the page. screen if your phone is unlocked, so you don’t have to be bothered by what you’re doing when a call comes in.
That being said, this banner notification is not to everyone’s taste. Whether you’re running the small-screen iPhone 13 mini or the larger iPhone 13 Pro Max, the buttons can seem fiddly and calls can easily be missed. It also means that features like Remind Me and Messages aren’t immediately at your fingertips.
Fortunately, you can re-enable full screen caller ID on your iPhone. All incoming calls will occupy the entire screen when you are using your iPhone, just as they do when your phone is locked. You can always go back if you decide you prefer a banner notification. But here’s how to get a full screen caller ID on an iPhone running iOS 15.
How to Activate Full Screen Caller ID in iOS 15
1. Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
2. Scroll down and tap “Phone.”
3. In the section “Allow access to the phone,” tap “Incoming calls.”
4. By default, it will be set to “Banner”. To retrieve caller ID in full screen, select “Full Screen.”
5. Tap “Phone.” in the upper left corner and you will see “Incoming calls” is now set to “Fullscreen.”
You can also assign a photo to a contact. Whenever that person calls you, the image will fill your screen. To do this, follow our guide below on how to set full screen photos for Caller ID in iOS 15.
How to Set Full Screen Photos for Caller ID in iOS 15
1. Open the contacts app on your iPhone.
2. Tap on the Contact to which you want to assign an image.
3. Tap “Edit” in the upper right corner.
4. Now Please select “Add photo, ”Towards the top of the screen.
5. A set of icons will appear. Choose the Gallery icon to browse images on your iPhone. Select an image you want to use for your contact.
6. Use your fingers to move and scale the photo so that it is positioned inside the circle. When you are satisfied, tap “Choose.”
7. Now, you can choose a filter for the photo if you want. Tap “Done“when you’re done.
8. On the final page, tap “Done“If you are happy with your choice, then this is it.
Now that you have figured out how to get full screen caller ID in iOS 15, you would like to see other guides for your iPhone. Take a look at 15 essential Messages tips every iPhone owner should know to learn about the many features of the Messages app. For general tips, check out our iPhone 13 getting started guide. Or to avoid distractions while using your phone, check out how to use Focus mode in iOS 15.