Your Clash of Clans name is one of the most important distinguishing factors. It allows you to stand out from your enemies and can even make some players smile. As you expand your empire, you may want to forgo a fun username and switch to one that will strike fear in the hearts of your opponents. This is where it makes sense to amend your name, but how do you do it?
The game will not allow you to change your username as soon as you start playing it as it needs some progression. Also, assuming a different nickname for the second or third time will require gems, the in-game currency that you can buy with real-life money.
That said, once you’ve met the requirements, changing your Clash of Clans name is pretty simple. Let’s see how it works.
How to change your name for the first time in Clash of Clans
To change your name for the first time in Clash of Clans, you will first need to reach level five with your town hall. From there, the renaming option is easily accessible:
- Go to settings by pressing the gear symbol in the lower right section of the screen while checking out your village.
- You will arrive at a menu that allows you to adjust the sound effects and music. Look for “More Settings,” which should also be in the lower-right part of the window.
- The option “Rename” will be at the top of the screen. Press the button in the right section of the window to start the process. If you are doing it for the first time, the game will allow you to change it for free.
- Enter your name and enter “Confirm” in the next box.
- Press the “OK” button to complete the change.
Also, you will need to follow some rules when changing your username in Clash of Clans. Above all, make sure that you do not use special characters (eg emoji and symbols) or bad words. Supercell may alter inappropriate names at any time without compensation. So, choose your new name wisely.
Name changes after the first time
Changing your name for free is only allowed once in Clash of Clans. To do it again, you’ll need to spend a few gems, and each change guarantees more gems:
- Middle Name Change – 500 Gems
- Third name change: 1000 gems
- Fourth name change: 1500 gems
Each name change will cost you 500 more gems, up to a maximum of 10,000 gems. Also, you will have to wait seven days after a change to get a new username.
If this method is too expensive for you, you can try another. More specifically, you can write an email to the Supercell support team, and they should change their name if you’re polite. This is how you can send a message to the company:
- Launch the game and go to settings.
- Choose the “Help and Support” button.
- Press the search symbol.
- Scroll down and press the “Contact Us” button. This will redirect you to your email application.
- In your message, say hello and indicate the reason why you want to change your name.
- Say “Thank you very much” and voila.
After submitting your email, please allow up to 10 days for the support team to change your name. If you are lucky, you will get a new username at no charge.
Read on for more helpful information on the Clash of Clans username.
Why can you only change your name once for free?
The main reason Supercell charges additional name changes is to avoid confusion. Users who repeatedly select a different name make it difficult for other players in their clans to survive. They may be confused as to who owns the village, as the game does not show an update if a player changes their username.
On top of that, allowing only one free name change helps ensure that players don’t make hasty decisions when selecting their username. It makes them consider their choice carefully to help prevent the use of inappropriate and offensive language.
How can you get the necessary gems to change your name?
Again, changing your name a second time requires 500 gems. If you don’t have enough, you will need to get more, and the main option is to buy them from the store:
1. Launch your game and navigate to the gem section at the top right of your screen.
2. Press the “+” sign and you will see different amounts of gems available.
3. Choose the amount you can pay and select a payment method. You can use a debit or credit card, Globe Telecom billing, Link GCash, and PayPal.
4. Press the “Buy” button and complete the purchase. The amount must be added to your gem balance.
There are many other ways to obtain gems by progressing through the game:
Harvest and open your map
While removing obstacles throughout the map costs gold, it rewards you with gems. New obstacles generally appear every four hours, and you can earn 40 gems out of about 12 of them. Since you can destroy up to 21 obstacles per week, it is an easy method of acquiring additional gems.
Clash of Clans grants achievements each time you complete certain objectives. These include winning battles, collecting gold, and upgrading buildings. These achievements earn you valuable rewards, including gems. The more difficult your achievements are; more gems you will receive.
Each achievement consists of three levels, with more valuable rewards for completing each level. By completing all the available achievements, you can acquire more than 8,500 gems.
Here’s how to manage your achievements:
1. Start the game.
2. Go to the “My Profile” window.
3. Scroll down until you find the list of available achievements.
4. Check your progress towards various achievements and prioritize your playtime to earn them as soon as possible.
Some achievements are worth more than others. To win the most valuable ones and acquire thousands of gems, you will have to fight against other players. These high-value achievements include:
· Sweet Victory: You can get this achievement by winning trophies in multiplayer battles. For example, receiving 450 gems requires you to earn 1,250 trophies.
Unbreakable – Defend yourself successfully from attackers. Defending against 1000 attacks grants you 100 gems.
· Friend in Need: Provide reinforcements to allies. For 250 gems, you will need to donate 25,000 boosters.
· League All-star: advance in your Clash of Clans league. The Crystal League gives you 250 gems, the Master division rewards you 1,000, while reaching the Champion rank grants you 2,000 gems.
· War Hero – Compete in war battles to earn stars for your clan. Get 1000 stars and you will earn 1000 gems.
· Spoils of War: Earn gold by receiving Clan War bonuses. Acquiring 1000 gems requires you to earn 100 million gold.
· Firefighter: destroy your enemy’s infernal towers. Destroying 5000 towers gives you 1000 gems.
Also, you can collect your rewards at any time, but there is no reason to leave them unclaimed. The earlier you get them, the faster you will receive more gems.
Using your gem box
While doing daily tasks, you may see a box full of gems. Opening it gives you 25 gems and a new box is available every week.
Although it is a small amount, it eventually accumulates. Also, the box itself may allow you to change your username a second time in 20 weeks.
Building and improving the gem mine
Another source of tapping more gems is gem mines. They may seem less attractive because they are relatively slow to mine gems, but they are still worth considering.
Players with Town Hall level six or higher can participate in clan games. They generally occur between the ages of 22North Dakota and 28th of each month. Gems are just a few of the prizes, and you can even trade your winnings for them.
Google Play Rewards
Another option is to install the Google Opinion Rewards application using your Play Store. The platform occasionally sends you marketing surveys and rewards you with Google Play credit for completing them. You can use these points to purchase Clash of Clans gems, and most surveys take just a couple of seconds to complete.
This method is only available to Android users, and here’s how to use it to receive gems:
1. Download the application from this website. It is an official Google application, so its download and installation is completely safe.
2. Sign in with your Google credentials if you haven’t already.
3. Activate the location on your device. Otherwise, you will not receive as many surveys as many of them are based on places you have recently visited. To activate location services, go to the menu at the top of your device and make sure the location feature is turned on. Also, enable location access if the app asks for it.
4. Complete the available surveys. None may be available when you first open the app, but they should appear over time. For more surveys, try to travel more often and visit multiple businesses. The app will notify you whenever a new survey is available, and the responses you provide will not affect the rewards you receive.
5. Once you have accumulated enough credit to purchase 500 or more gems, head over to your Clash of Clans Gem Store.
6. Select the amount you can pay and choose the Google Play balance as the payment method.
Press the “Buy” button and finalize your transaction.
Stay on top of your CoC resources
Changing your name is an easy way to spice up your Clash of Clans experience, and now you know how to do it. Playing under a different username can better reflect your play style and refresh your battle environment.
With that said, be sure to choose your new name carefully. Each subsequent change will require you to shell out gems that you could otherwise use to buy items, upgrade barracks, and skip timers. To avoid wasting valuable money, create a name that you will keep for months to come.
How many times have you changed your name in Clash of Clans? What is your favorite method of collecting gems? What do you think about using the Google Opinion Rewards app to earn gems? Let us know in the comment section.