Narrator is an application that will easily read everything on your screen. With this application, you can navigate through your computer without using the mouse. This is an application built into Windows 10 that is extremely useful for people who are blind or have low vision. However, if you don’t want to use it, it can be annoying. Keep reading this article and we will show you how to disable Narrator and introduce you to the different options available in this amazing program.
How to disable narrator in Windows 10
You can disable Narrator in different ways or disable it forever. In this guide, you will find a step-by-step guide to the options you choose.
Use the shortcut key combination
A simple key combination will turn off Narrator. If you press “Ctrl + Windows logo key + Enter”, Narrator will turn off automatically. If you want to turn it back on, repeat the same key combination and the Narrator dialog box will appear and start automatically. You can turn it off again by tapping “Deactivate Narrator”, or you can press “OK” and continue using it.
There is another key combination that you can use to disable Narrator:
- Tap “Ctrl + Windows logo key + N”.
- This will open the Narrator settings. You can toggle the toggle button to disable Narrator.
Exit the narrator window
If you wish, you can exit Narrator by closing the window:
- Go to the Narrator window.
- Tap “Exit Narrator.”
- Or press “X” in the upper right corner.
Exit narrator from the taskbar
- Find the Narrator icon on your taskbar.
- Right click on the icon.
- Tap “Deactivate Narrator.”
Use Windows settings
You can also disable Narrator through Windows Settings:
- Open the Start menu.
- Touch “Settings.”
- Touch “Accessibility.”
- Touch “Narrator.”
- Use the toggle button to turn off Narrator.
Use Task Manager
If you want to use Task Manager to disable Narrator, follow these steps:
- Open the Start menu.
- Start typing “Task Manager” and open it.
- Find “Screen Reader” under “Background Tasks.”
- Right click on it and tap “End Task.”
How do I make sure Narrator is disabled forever?
If you have set Narrator to turn on automatically every time you start your computer, you will have to go into Narrator settings to disable this option.
1. Open the Start menu.
2. Touch “Settings”.
3. Touch “Accessibility”.
4. Touch “Narrator.”
5. Under “Start Options”, find “Start Narrator After Login For Me” and / or “Start Narrator After Login For Everyone”.
6. Uncheck the “Start Narrator after logging in for me” check box if you want to disable it for your account only, or uncheck the “Start Narrator after logging in for everyone” box if you want to disable it on your computer. completely.
Sooner rather than later with the narrator
Narrator is a great free tool for anyone to read everything on the screen quickly. With the help of numerous shortcuts and options, you can easily navigate through a text, a web page or an application. You can even customize it to your liking. If you’ve been looking for a top-notch screen reading app, we hope this guide has helped you.
Have you ever used a screen reading app? Let us know in the comment section below.