Rebellion has announced Elite Sniper 5, the next iteration of the action-adventure shooter series.
Launching simultaneously on Xbox Game Pass, Xbox One, Xbox Series X / S, PS4, PS5, Epic Games Store, Steam, and Windows Store, Sniper Elite 5 once again stars Karl Fairburne, who will travel to France in 1944 to destroy Operation. Kraken.
As an elite marksman and SOE operative, Fairburne is connected to a covert operation by the American Rangers to provide sniper support as they seek to weaken the Nazis’ fortifications of Atlantikwall along the coast of Britain. However, stranded behind enemy lines, he is forced into the interior where he meets the French Resistance as they uncover a secret Nazi project that threatens to end the war before the Allies can invade Europe.
Your goal as a sniper is to eliminate high ranking Nazi officers to uncover the plans behind Operation Kraken and destroy it before it can begin.
Your battle will take you through real world locations that are as “accurate as possible” and are the “largest, most interactive and immersive maps” ever seen in the Sniper Elite series.
The game will also feature customization options that allow you to customize your rifle, other weapons, and ammunition to suit the mission and your play style.
Here is a list of features:
- Expansive campaign – Real world locations have been captured using photogrammetry to recreate a living, immersive environment, and multiple infiltration and extraction points and kill list objectives provide a whole new perspective on each mission. Take on the Nazi plot alone or work with a partner, with an improved cooperative mechanic that lets you share ammo and items, issue orders, and heal each other.
- Advanced gunplay and walkthrough physics – use zip lines, slide down slopes and move along ledges to get the perfect vantage point, or to sneak through a keen-eyed lookout. Consider the rifle’s stock and barrel options along with gravity, wind, and heart rate as you align your sight on the target.
- High-caliber customization – use workbenches to customize and upgrade virtually every aspect of your weapon. Swap out scopes, butts, barrels, chargers, and more. Rifles, secondary weapons, and pistols have a wide variety of options. On top of that, you can select ammo that suits your target, from armor piercing to non-lethal.
- Direct PvP invasion mode – You can invade another player’s campaign as an Axis sniper and participate in a deadly game of cat and mouse, providing a new dimension to the challenge as you stalk your prey. Alternatively, like Karl, you can call in for help and ask a second sniper to help you out of a tough situation.
- Tense multiplayer adversary – Customize your character and gear and earn XP, medals, and ribbons as you take on intensely competitive 16-player battles that will really test your marksmanship skills. If co-op is more your style, you can team up with up to 3 more players against waves of enemies in Survival mode.
- Improved death chamber – More realistic and creepy than ever, the trademark X-ray death camera returns, showing you the true destructive power of every shot. The bones deflect bullets in unpredictable ways, blasting a new path through enemy bodies. Submachine guns and pistols can also activate kill cams, including several spectacular slow-motion shots.
The game is scheduled for release in 2022.