Looking to buy someone a Ring doorbell to increase the security and privacy of your home? If so, you want to make sure that you can change ownership comfortably. Because if the property remains with the seller, you won’t have much control over your device. Even if you are looking to sell the device yourself, you will want to get rid of your personal information before doing so.
In this article, we will show you how you can change the owner of a Ring doorbell.
How to change the owner of the doorbell ringtone
The Ring doorbell is without a doubt one of the best pieces of modern technology when it comes to the security and privacy of your home. A new Ring doorbell comes with a clean account, but if you purchased it from someone else, you must delete all of your personal information before you can use the device.
To change the owner of a Ring doorbell, there are two main steps:
- The original owner must delete your billing information. Unfortunately this cannot be done from the Ring app. It must be done from the Ring website, accessible via a desktop.
- The new owner must download and install the Ring app and then follow the onscreen guidelines to set up a new account.
As soon as a new account is set up, the ringtone automatically disappears from the original owner’s account.
How to Remove a Ring Doorbell Owner
Removing an owner from a Ring doorbell is easy:
- Open the Ring app.
- Touch the three lines in the upper left corner.
- Touch “Devices” and select “Ring Doorbell.”
- Touch “Settings.”
- Open “General Settings”
- Tap “Remove this device.”
Once the device is removed, it is now untethered and ready to be linked to a new account.
How to set up your Ring Video Doorbell
A Ring Video Doorbell is easy to set up. This is what you should do:
- Download and install the Ring app. The application is free on both the App Store and the Play Store.
- Log in to your Ring account or sign up for one if you are new to the service. The application has a friendly user interface. All you have to do is follow the instructions on the screen.
- Click “Set up a device” and then select “Doorbell.”
- On your Ring doorbell, find the QR code and then quickly scan. To do this, you need to point your phone’s camera at the QR code. On the latest Ring video doorbells, this code is located on the back of the device. Once the scan is successful, a green bar will appear on your smartphone screen.
- Set your location. The application is designed to detect your location automatically, but it must allow you to access and use GPS services. If you do not specify a location, some features of the Ring Video Doorbell may not work.
- Next, you need to name your device. In particular, the doorbell must not share a name with any of the other Ring devices on your account. A custom name would be nice, but the app gives you some suggestions too.
- Pick up the video doorbell and press the orange button on the back.
- Connect your device to Ring Wi-Fi. If you are using an Android smartphone, the connection is established automatically. Otherwise, if you are using an Apple device, tap “Join” when prompted in the app.
- Establish a connection between your doorbell and your home Wi-Fi network. To secure a connection quickly, make sure you are close enough to your router. Once the doorbell is connected, you can start updating the internal software right away. While updating, the doorbell emits a rotating white light until the process is complete.
- Make a test call by pressing the front button.
Once you have done all of the above, your video doorbell should start working as soon as it is physically installed on your door.
How to remove a doorbell chime
Removing the Ring doorbell can be a chore even for experienced technicians. And that’s because you have to work with several screwdrivers, but the good thing is that they are all included in the product box.
These are the general steps:
- Remove the security screws one at a time.
- Remove the device from the mounting bracket. While doing this, avoid using too much force as the mounting bracket may break. This would also help reduce the size of those pesky holes left in the wall.
Who is the owner of a doorbell chime?
The property belongs to the account used in the initial configuration. That account includes specific payment details and other personal information, such as an email address and a location. The owner has full control over the device even from miles away, as long as the device has an internet connection.
Can you change the sound of the doorbell chime?
Yes. To do so: u003cbru003eu003cbru003e • Open the Ring app and ring the ringtone Ring.u003cbru003e • Open the settings section.u003cbru003e • Tap “Ringtone volume slider”. U003cbru003e • Slide to increase or decrease the sound volume as desired.
Can you have two owners with doorbell doorbell?
Yes. You can connect your device to multiple phones. To do this: u003cbru003eu003cbru003e • Open the Ring app and ring the Ring.u003cbru003e • Tap “Shared Users”. U003cbru003e • Tap “Add User”. invitation. The application will send them a link that will give them access to your doorbell.
How can I change my Ring Doorbell to a new owner?
First, delete your payment details and then download the Ring Doorbell app to enter details about the new owner.
A Ring doorbell comes with many benefits. In particular, you can help keep your home and loved ones safe by sending you notifications whenever someone is on your doorstep. In addition, it can provide substantial evidence in the event of a burglar attack. The result is peace of mind wherever you are.
Have you had challenges trying to change ownership of a Ring doorbell?
Let us know in the comment section.