Converting a VOB file to MP4 is your only option if you want to enjoy your favorite DVDs on your phone. Both Android and iOS devices support this versatile format. You can convert the file online or using a desktop application. In this article, we will look at the best online and desktop options.
Online solutions to convert VOB files to MP4
If you are looking for a quick and one-time solution and you are not willing to download and install programs on your computer, you can convert your VOB file online. Most of the sites are free to use, although some require registration. Be aware that conversion sites often have file size limitations. Let’s examine the best conversion sites.
Online Video Converter is a popular online format converter. You can use it to convert a wide variety of audio and video files. It is safe, reliable, and free. Here’s how to convert your VOB files to MP4 using Online Video Converter:
- Open your browser and navigate to Online Converter’s homepage.
- Please select MP4 in the drop-down menu in the Video converter section.
- This will take you to Convertir video a MP4 site section, click Select files or drag and drop to upload your file.
- Configure the parameters in the Optional configurations section to your preference. You can set the output file size, screen size, bit rate, audio quality, video codec, and more. If you want to save your settings for future conversions, you will need to log in.
- Enter the URL of the video you want to convert or browse your computer for the VOB file. Alternatively, you can convert a file from Dropbox or Google Drive.
- Click on the Start conversion button.
- After the conversion is finished, Online Converter will redirect you to the page from which you can download the newly created MP4 video.
Like Online Converter, Zamzar is a free online conversion site. You can also use this site to manage files, although you will have to log in for that. Let’s see how to convert a VOB file to MP4 using Zamzar.
- Launch your browser and go to Zamzar’s homepage.
- Now, click on the Add files … button on the Paso 1 and find the file you want to convert or drag and drop it.
- Then click Convert to and select mp4 in the drop-down menu.
- Finally, click on the Convert now button on the Paso 3 section. Optionally, you can check the box labeled Email when done? to receive the email with the download link when the conversion is done.
Desktop solutions to convert VOB files to MP4
If you have a large VOB file to convert or want more options, desktop apps are the way to go. In this section, we will examine the best desktop applications to convert VOB file to MP4.
Handbrake is a free desktop tool that supports countless video formats, including VOB and MP4, and is available for Windows, Mac OS, and Linux. It is important to note that you have to deal with advertisements when downloading the free version, in addition, there have been complaints about Handbrake markup files with a unique signature. You can convert files one by one and in batches. To convert a VOB file to MP4 using Handbrake, do the following:
- Descargar and install Handbrake on your computer.
- After the installation is complete, insert a DVD disc into your computer’s DVD-ROM. If the file is on your hard drive, skip to the next step.
- Launch Handbrake.
- Click on the DVD icon below the Archive main menu section. Alternatively, you can click the Open source in the upper left corner and find the VOB file like that.
- If you clicked the DVD icon, you can choose between batch (folder) conversion and single file conversion. Choose Archive and browse for the VOB file you want to convert.
- You will then see the screen with the output settings, adjust it to your preferences.
- When you’re done, click the Surf and choose the destination folder. Don’t forget to name the output file.
- Click Start encoding to start the conversion.
Freemake Video Converter
Freemake Video Converter is a free conversion tool that supports more than 500 file types. It is simple and easy to use. Here’s how to convert a VOB file to MP4 with Freemake Video Converter:
- Descargar and install Freemake Video Converter on your computer.
- Launch the application and then click Archive.
- Find the VOB file. If you are in the Video_TS folder, you need to add it via the + DVD option.
- Then choose the a MP4 option.
- After that, adjust the output file settings.
- When done, select the output destination and name the output file.
- Finally, click on Turn into.
VLC is an open source media player that can also convert files, such as audio and video. Let’s see how to convert a .vob file to mp4.
- Open VLC media player and click Media> Convert / Save, you can also write Ctrl + R.
- Then click + Add and select your file.
- Now select Convert / save.
- Then click on the drop-down menu to the right of Profile and select one of the MP4 options.
- Then click Surf and choose the destination folder and name the file, you will want to change the file name or location if you want to keep the original.
- Finally, click on Start.
Logging out of your account
If you want to convert a small file, you should go for online converters as they are fast and hassle-free. If the file you want to convert is large, desktop applications are your best option. Choose the option that suits you best and enjoy your MP4 files on all your devices.