Combat may take center stage in Genshin Impact, but beyond those beautiful weapons and thrilling elemental blasts, there is a whole world to explore. Chests fill Teyvat’s landscape, from enemy camps to forgotten ruins, rewarding players with everything from Prime Gems and Sigils to Weapons and Artifacts.
However, the most coveted chests are the Luxuries. These hidden beauties are an intrepid treasure hunter’s dream, packed with loads of Adventure EXP, Sigils, Primogems, and of course Mora.
Unfortunately, when they appear, they are very well hidden, so if you are on a personal quest to collect them all, you are in the right place. Read on to discover the hidden luxury chest locations in Genshin Impact.
The Secret Luxury Chest Locations in Genshin Impact
You can usually find a deluxe chest as a reward for solving its respective puzzle or completing a world mission in the game. However, some Deluxe Chest locations are so well hidden that you have to methodically explore every inch of the map, rely on luck or use a guide to find them, and sometimes you have to do all three.
The developers at miHoYo are constantly adding new luxury chest locations with each new region and event, so this is an ever-evolving list. However, as of Update 1.4, there were 70 Deluxe Chests in Genshin Impact.
Finding fancy chests may not be the first thing on your mind when you start the game, but the town of Monstadt has its fair share if you’re willing to look. Next time you’re in town, try these places:
- Monstadt cathedral tower on top
- Stormterror lair tower on top
- Tower of the Knights of Favonius at the top
- Cecilia’s Garden; Walk northwest and look for the Eye of the Storm that protects it.
- Somewhere on the hidden island, east of Starsnatch Cliff
- Stormbearer Mountains waterfall, below
Monstadt Quest / Deluxe Puzzle-Related Chests
Sometimes you will receive a Deluxe Chest as a reward for completing a quest or puzzle. These are the puzzles and quests that deluxe chests provide:
- Archon Quest completion “For a Tearless Tomorrow: Hidden Tears”
- Trot around the statue of Barbatos
- Complete Ascension Quest on AR 25, AR 35, AR 45, AR 50 (one quest per completed mission)
- Next to the Teleport Waypoint, northwest of Dawn Winery, follow the house of the 3 Seelies
- Complete the mission “Break the Seal of the Graveyard of the Sword.”
- Bennett Hangout Event (ending # 6)
Monstadt Deep Shrine Locations
There are approximately 10 of these sanctuaries scattered in each region; however, you will need 10 keys to access them. Completing specific missions like world missions and Archon missions can help produce these necessary keys.
Reaching specific adventure ranges and completing domains can also generate the necessary keys.
- Starsnatch Cliff, go a little northeast from the summer yard
- Anemo hypostasis, suroeste
- Gorge of Dadaupa, west
- Southeast of the Lion Temple and north of the Dadaupa Gorge
- The Temple of the Lion
- Statue of the Seven in Bodega Dawn, northeast
- Springvale Teleport Waypoint, East
- Brightcrown Canyon Teleport Point, Southeast
- Cecilia’s garden, south
- Wrymrest Valley Teleport Waypoint, Northwest
(Monstadt region) Locations
Dragonspine is technically part of the Monstadt region, but it was released separately and is considered by many players to be a completely separate area.
- Go to the Wrymrest Valley, south of the location of the broken tower.
- Buried City – Ancient Palace teleport point, east of the location; melt ice to access
- Starglow Cavern teleport waypoint; offer flowers to access
- Snow Covered Trail Teleport Point, East
- Buried City – Statue of the Seven from the Ancient Palace, in a cave south of the location (receives three chests)
- Starglow Cavern teleport route point, southwest
- Buried City – Outskirts Teleport Waypoint, North
- In front of the Vindagnyr peak; Complete the mission “Thaw All Fragments Again”.
- Buried city: ancient statue of the seven from the palace, southeast of the location; defeat the great king of snowboar
- Completion of the puzzle «Irregular registration scrolls»
- Wyrmrest Valley Teleport Waypoint, southwest of the location; defeat the Lawachurl Frostarm
Liyue is a relatively new location in Genshin Impact, but there aren’t many luxury chests located within the port city.
- Climb a ladder at Liyue Harbor, where you first arrive.
- Wuwang Hill, west of Hidden Palace of Zhou Formula next to a tree
- Dominion of Guyun, to the east, on a pirate ship
- Liyue Port teleport waypoint, east of location, on the back of a luxury ship
Liyue Deep Shrines locations
As with Monstatdt, 10 shrines and 10 keys are required to access the shrines.
You get keys in the same way by completing unique domains, completing specific missions, and earning certain adventure ranks.
- Wuwang Hill Teleportation Point, North
- Mingyun Village Teleportation Point, Northeast
- Stone Gate teleport point, this
- Near the Lingju Pass and south of the Rebel Path domain
- Guyun Stone Forest, southwest of the Guyun Domain
- Dunyu Ruins Teleportation Point, East
- Mount Aozang Teleportation Point, Northeast
- Nantianmen teleportation point, northeast
- Monte Aozang, Clear Pool y Mountain Cavern Domain, sureste
- Monte Aozang, Clear Pool y Mountain Cavern Domain Teleport Point, sur
Liyue region quests and puzzle locations for luxurious chests
One of the biggest challenges in exploring this region is the sheer number of puzzles and quests to complete. However, luxury chests are available to grab, if you dare.
- Guyun Domain, southwest of the location; defeat the guards of ruin
- Complete the world quest “The Chi of Guyun” and then go north to Qingce Village.
- Qingyun Peak Teleport Waypoint, the floating island above the location
- Yaoguang Shoal, east of the island location
- Liyue Harbor teleport point, northwest of the location, on a hill
- Complete the Ruins of Dunyu puzzle (receive three chests)
- Completion of the mission “The Illumiscreen III” (receive three chests)
- Qianqiu Trails Mission, Tianqiu Valley Puzzle Completion (Receive Four Chests)
- Qingxu Pool; complete puzzle
- Lingju pass, «And this treasure is going to …» mission completion
- Completion of the mission “Treasure lost, treasure found”
- Completion of the mission «Landscape of Luhua»
- Pending Cuijue, completion of the mission “Nine Pillars of Peace”
Inazuma Deluxe Chest Locations
The Inazuma region was recently introduced in update 2.0, but players only have access to three of the six islands in the region, at least so far. The developers will likely give players access to more area with later updates, but until then, check out the locations of known lavish chests from the region.
Inazuma region locations
To unlock one of the region’s luxury chests, you must travel across the islands to various locations and defeat all of the Ikawara swordsmen. There are seven in all, but completing this “quest” only produces one chest.
In addition to this nameless quest, there are 19 most well-known Lavish Chest locations on the three unlocked Inazuma Islands:
- Musoujin Gorge, completion of the Seelie puzzle «Touch the hilt of the sword»
- Read four elements of “Lost Text” and visit Fort Mumei
- Shrine of the Deep, southeast of Snakehead
- Shrine of the Deep, west of the Jakotsu Mine
- Plains of Byakko, along the east coast on the beach
- Byakko Plains, Konda Village; Complete the mission “A Strange History in Konda”.
- Araumi, south, inside the broken tower
- Araumi’s underground teleportation waypoint, the area with perpetual mechanical array
- Mount Yougou; solve relay stone puzzle
- Mount Yougou, below the Sakura Shrine at the base; use Memento Lens on Kitsune figurine from Earth
- Shrine of the Deep, on an island northeast of Narukami Island
- Shrine of the Deep, southeast of Chinju Forest
- Violet cut; destroy all the pots on the island
- Kujou Camp; Electro Seelie Complete Puzzle
- Locate three “keys to somewhere” to open the Arsenal door
- Tatarasuna Teleport Waypoint, cliff edge
- North side of the island along the beach; Complete three Seelie puzzles
- Sanctuary of the Deep, below the edge of the cliff, south end
- Shrine of the Deep, below the cliff edge, far north
Do chests reappear in Genshin Impact?
Certain types of chests, such as those linked to quests and events, do not respawn. Precious chests don’t respawn either. However, other chests such as the common, exquisite and luxurious ones do. The respawn time depends on the rarity of the chest.
Calling all treasure hunters
It’s easy to get caught up in that endless list of missions to complete, but every once in a while, you need to get out there and explore Teyvat. You never know the wonders (and dangers) you will find. Remember that Genshin Impact rewards the brave, and the patient, handsomely with a great deal of money and resources. However, it is up to you to accept the challenge.
Have you found all the known luxury chests? Which were the most difficult to locate? Let us know in the comment section below.