If you bought Minecraft but don’t have time to play or just don’t like it, your next logical step might be to request a refund. But since Minecraft comes in multiple versions and is available on multiple platforms, refund policies may vary.
If you want to know how to get a refund for Minecraft, look no further. This article will discuss the conditions under which you can request a refund and explain the steps you need to take.
How to get a refund for Minecraft Windows 10
If you want to request a refund for Minecraft Windows 10, you will need to do so through your Microsoft account.
Minecraft will accept refund requests only in certain circumstances:
- You have a valid reason to request a refund.
- Less than 14 days have passed since the purchase.
- You played the game for less than two hours.
- You did not buy the game from an unauthorized seller.
If you meet the criteria, follow these instructions to request a refund:
- Go to the Microsoft account page and sign in.
- Press «Payments and billing».
- Select “Order History”.
- Search for Minecraft and hit “Request a refund.”
- Please select why you are returning it.
- If necessary, describe your situation in more detail.
- Follow the instructions to complete the application.
How to get a refund on Minecraft Marketplace
If you bought the wrong item on Minecraft Marketplace or want a refund for Minecraft Coins, the process depends on the device you were using when you made the purchase.
Since Minecraft Marketplace is available on Windows 10 and on all Pocket Edition compatible devices, you will need to contact the appropriate store support to request a refund.
How to get a refund in Minecraft Bedrock Edition
Since Minecraft Bedrock Edition is available on multiple platforms, whether or not you can get a refund depends on company policy.
Most companies require you to request a refund within the first 14 days of purchase and only if you’ve played the game for less than two hours.
Bedrock Edition is available on Windows, iOS, Android, and Fire OS. To consult the return policies of each company, follow the links below:
- For Windows, click here and log into your account.
- For iOS, click hmere.
- For Android, click here.
- For Fire OS, click here.
Some platforms may not have refund options, while others offer partial refunds within a specific time limit. That is why it is vital to react immediately after realizing that you have made a mistake.
How to get a refund in Minecraft dungeons
Request a refund in Minecraft Dungeons is done through the Minecraft Support page.
You are eligible for a refund if:
- Less than 15 days have passed since you bought it.
- You have made the same purchase twice.
- Someone used your account to make the purchase without your authorization.
- You cannot play the game even after fixing the problem.
Submit a request for refund entering your personal information and explaining the situation. We recommend attaching photos to support your claims.
How to get a refund on Minecraft Xbox One
If you purchased the Minecraft Xbox edition, you can request a refund through Xbox. support. Please note that you are only eligible if it has been less than two weeks since your purchase and you have played the game for less than two hours.
Here’s how to request a refund:
- Visit the Xbox support page.
- Sign in to your Microsoft account.
- Look for Minecraft under “Purchases That May Qualify For A Refund.”
- Press «Request refund». The product name and order number will be filled in automatically.
- Explain in detail why you are requesting a refund. You can also include photos to support your claims.
- Press «Send».
How to get a refund in Minecraft Pocket Edition
Minecraft Pocket Edition is the mobile version of the game. Although it no longer has that name, the game is still available for Android, iOS, Windows phones, and Fire tablets. The mobile app offers almost the same gaming experience as the PC and console versions.
When requesting a refund for Minecraft Pocket Edition, you will need to contact the company through which you purchased the game. As with other games available for multiple platforms, refund policies depend on the company you are using.
In most cases, you can get a refund if you act fast and ask for it as soon as you realize you’ve made a mistake.
- IPhone or iPad users should follow this Link to request a refund.
- Android users can request a refund by visiting this page.
- If you bought Minecraft on your Fire tablet, follow this link to get a refund.
Act quickly when requesting a refund for Minecraft
It is possible to request a refund for Minecraft, but whether you will get it depends on several factors. Your eligibility depends on how long it has been since your purchase and if you have already played the game for a specific period of time. In most cases, you will need to submit a refund request to the company through which you purchased Minecraft.
We hope you found our article helpful and learned how to get a refund for Minecraft.
Have you ever made a wrong purchase of Minecraft? What did you do about it? Let us know in the comment section below.