Zoom is an excellent tool for chatting with friends and family. But maybe now you have to use this application to work and the profile picture you have is no longer the right one. Or maybe Zoom has assigned you a profile picture from your Google account that you don’t like at all. The best way to avoid this is to delete the image entirely.
If you are looking for instructions on how to delete your Zoom profile picture, you are in the right place. In this article, we show you step by step how to do this on various devices.
How to remove a zoomed profile picture on an iPad
If you use Zoom on your iPad, you are most likely using the Zoom app. Unfortunately, the Zoom app has no way of allowing you to delete your profile photo in the app’s interface. Instead, you will need to log into the Zoom website and delete your profile photo there. This is how you do it:
- Open the internet browser on your iPad and navigate to https://zoom.us/
- Log into your Zoom account. Once logged in, scroll down to the bottom of the home screen.
- Here you will find various menus. In the menu that appears as ‘Support’, you will find an option called ‘Account’. Play it.
- On the “Account Profile” page, you will see a bar with “Account Profile” and a down arrow. Tap this arrow to expand the menu.
- Select “Profile” from the menu.
- On the new page that opens, you will see a thumbnail of your profile photo. Below, there are two options. Press the one that says “Delete.”
Your profile picture is now deleted. If you log out of the Zoom web page and log into its Zoom app on your iPad, you will not see any profile pictures.
How to remove a zoomed profile picture on an iPhone
Using Zoom on your iPhone is very similar to using it on your iPad. IOS devices use the Zoom app downloaded from the App Store. As mentioned above, the Zoom app does not provide the option to delete your profile photo. But there is a way around this:
- Open the web browser on your iPhone and navigate to https://zoom.us/. Once on the page, log into your Zoom account.
- Swipe to the bottom of the home screen and find a menu labeled “Support.” Below this menu is the “Account” option, click on it.
- You will see an “Account Profile” bar with a drop down arrow on the page that opens. Touch the arrow.
- In the drop-down menu, choose “Profile”.
- Below the thumbnail of your profile picture displayed is the “Delete” option. Play it.
Your profile picture will now show blank. If you log out of Zoom in your browser and open the Zoom app on your phone, you will see that the image is deleted there as well.
How to remove a zoomed profile picture on an Android phone
Like an iOS device, an Android device uses the Zoom app, downloaded from the Google Play Store. As with the iOS version, the Android Zoom app does not allow you to delete your profile photo. You can change it but not delete it. Fortunately, there is still a way to delete the image. This is how you do it:
- Launch the web browser on your phone and navigate to https://zoom.us/. Log into your Zoom account.
- Scroll to the bottom of the home screen and find a menu called “Support.” Touch the “Account” option that appears in this menu.
- On the page that opens, find the “Account Profile” bar and tap the down arrow next to it. In the menu that appears, choose ‘Profile’.
- Select the “Delete” option provided below your current profile photo thumbnail.
Your profile picture is now removed from your account. The online version of Zoom and its Zoom app will now display a blank placeholder instead of a profile picture.
How to remove a zoomed profile picture on a PC
Deleting a profile picture in Zoom from your PC is a bit easier. This is how you do it:
- Launch your web browser and go to https://zoom.us/. Log into your Zoom account.
- On the home screen that opens, scroll to the bottom of the page. Here you will see various menus on a darkened banner. In the “Support” menu, you will find “Account”. Click on it.
- The “Account Profile” page will open. At the top left of the page there will be an options menu. Click on “Profile”.
- On the “Profile” page, you will see a thumbnail of your profile picture. Below the image, you have two options. Click on the one labeled “Delete.”
- A confirmation pop-up will ask if you want to delete your profile photo. Confirm your choice by clicking “Yes”.
Your profile photo will now display as a blank image.
Why does a profile picture keep showing even though I deleted it?
If you log into Zoom with your Google account, you may encounter this problem. This is because zoom automatically assigns one of your saved images from your Google account as a profile image. There are a few ways around this.
The profile picture from your Google account is also linked to Zoom. If you leave your Google profile picture blank, the Zoom profile picture will also be blank. This can cause Zoom to select another photo from your Google account. In this case, you can delete all your images from your Google account.
While these two options work, not everyone wants to delete their Google account images and profile photos. We suggest using the third option, which involves saving a blank image as a profile photo in your Zoom account. This is how you do it:
1. Search for a generic profile picture on Google. It could even be a blank JPEG. Save it to your device.
2. Next, in your web browser, go to zoom.us/profile and log into your Zoom account. Then your profile page will open.
3. Below your existing profile picture, choose the “Change” option.
4. Select your generic profile picture saved from your device storage.
5. When the image has been uploaded, select ‘Save’.
Your Zoom profile picture will now be set as a generic picture until you choose to change it again. This method works for all devices. It is important to note that Zoom only allows you to upload images of less than 2Mb, and they must be in JPEG, PNG or GIF format.
Profile picture removed
Deleting your profile picture in Zoom is relatively easy once you know the steps to follow. The simple instructions provided in this guide will allow you to remove your image without any hassle. Now you can start chatting with colleagues or clients without having an unprofessional profile picture along the way.
Have you deleted your Zoom profile picture on any of these devices before? Did you use a method similar to the ones in this guide, or did you do it in a different way? Let us know in the comment section.