Finding out how to convert Apple Notes to PDF is not as complicated as it may sound. Notes is one of Apple’s built-in applications that is included with all Cupertino products. And it’s a good thing too, as jotting down your thoughts is now even more convenient, as you can rely on iCloud to sync those notes across all of your Apple devices.
For dedicated Apple users, knowing how to export such notes to PDF can help simplify the process of sharing meeting or conference notes as well as brainstorming material with your friends and colleagues. However, it is important to understand that apart from Mac devices, the process is not that straightforward, although there is a simple solution.
- Here’s how to use focus mode in iOS 15
- IPhone 13 review: what we think of Apple’s new phone
- Plus: iPhone 13 is great, but it has a major flaw
So if you’re wondering how to convert Apple Notes to PDF, there’s no need to worry, we’ve got you covered. Below we’ve put together a step-by-step guide to walk you through the entire process on iPhone, iPad, and Mac.
How to Convert Apple Notes to PDF on iPhone
1 First, start the Notes application on your iPhone.
2. Go ahead and select the note you would like to convert to a PDF file.
3. Touch the three dots icon located in the upper right corner.
4. Once a new window appears at the bottom of the screen, go ahead and select Send a copy.
5. In the next menu, tap on Markup.
6. As soon as the editing tool opens, tap Done. Make sure you don’t accidentally make any marks with the pen or marker tools below so you don’t mess up your notes.
7. In the new window below, go ahead and tap Save file to…. Almost finished!
8. Select the location where you would like to store your PDF file. In our case, we have saved our note in On my iPhone for easy access.
9. Now that your note is saved as a PDF, it is time to locate it. Go ahead and start the Files app searching for it on your iPhone.
10. Under Files, go to the location where you saved the PDF.
Voila, you’re done! Now you can select the file and share it with whoever you want via email or messaging services.
How to Convert Apple Notes to PDF on iPad
1. First, go ahead and start the Notes application in you iPad.
2. Once the application has started, select the note you want to convert and tap the three dots icon in the upper right corner of the screen.
3. In the new drop-down menu, select Send a copy.
4. Then go ahead and tap on Markup.
5. As soon as the editing tool opens, tap Done. Make sure you don’t accidentally make any marks with the pen or marker tools below so you don’t mess up your notes.
6. Next, tap Save file to ….
7. Select the location where you would like save your PDF file. Almost done!
8. Now that your note has been converted to PDF, you can track it to the same location you saved it using your iPad’s Files app. Voila, you’re done!
How to Convert Apple Notes to PDF on Mac
1. First, open your Applications folder and start the Notes application.
2. Once the application has started, double click on the note you want to convert to a PDF file.
3. Once a new window with your note has appeared, navigate with the mouse to the upper left corner of your screen and click File on the taskbar.
4. In the drop-down menu, go ahead and click Export as PDF….
5. Finally, you can now rename your file and save it as PDF in a desired location. Voila, you’re done!
More from Tom’s Guide:
- How to set up an Apple ID recovery key
- How to clean an iPhone’s charging port without breaking it
- How to share files between Android and iPhone
- How to schedule FaceTime calls in iOS 15