Google trending searches are a great way to stay on top of what people are interested in at a particular time. However, this feature can sometimes interfere with your actual search goals. In those cases, you may want to disable trending searches, and we are here to help.
In this guide, we will explain how to disable Google trend searches through a mobile browser, Google app, or on a PC. We will also explain how to disable custom and related search results. In addition, we will answer the most common questions related to the use of Google search.
How to disable trending searches in Chrome on an Android device
To disable Google trend searches through a mobile browser on an Android device, follow the steps below:
- Open your usual mobile browser.
- Type “google.com” in the site’s address line and tap the magnifying glass icon on your keyboard.
- Tap the three-line icon in the upper left corner to access the menu.
- Touch “Settings”.
- Scroll down until you find the “Autocomplete with trend searches” option.
- Tap “Don’t show popular searches.”
How to disable trend searches orHow to disable trending searches in Chrome on an iPhone
Follow the instructions below to disable Google Trending searches on your iPhone:
- In the browser of your mobile device, visit “google.com”.
- Tap on the three stripes icon located in the upper left corner of your screen to open the menu.
- Choose “Settings”.
- Scroll down and find the “Autofill with Trending Searches” section.
- Select “Do not show popular searches”.
How How to disable trending searches in Chrome on a PC
To disable trending searches on Google on your PC, follow the steps below:
- Open your browser and type “google.com” in the site’s address line, then press the “Enter” key.
- Click on “Settings” in the lower right corner of your screen.
- Select “Search Settings” from the menu.
- Select “Do not show popular searches” in the “Autocomplete with trending searches” section.
How to disable trending searches through the Google app
If you prefer to use the Google mobile app instead of a browser, follow the instructions below to disable trending searches:
- Launch the Google app on your phone or tablet.
- Touch your profile picture or the initial of your name located in the upper right corner of your screen.
- Select ‘Settings’, then ‘General’.
- Move the toggle button next to “Autocomplete with trend searches” from right to left to the “Off” position.
What are Google Trending Searches?
Google search suggestions are based on current trending queries. The algorithm analyzes searches from people around the world and recommends the most popular searches to other users. For example, in late fall, many people may start searching for “Christmas decorations” and Google will show this query as a suggestion.
Follow updates but stay private
What do you think about search trends and personalized suggestions from Google? Do you find these functions useful or annoying? Share your thoughts in the comment section below.