One of Snapchat’s many entertainment features includes “Snapstreak.” With Snapstreak, you promise to send someone at least one photo or video within 24 hours every day. The objective is to achieve the highest score of the streak while maintaining the daily exchange.
Although Snapchat reminds you if your streak is about to expire (when no snaps have been sent in 24 hours), a broken streak can’t always be avoided. If this has happened to you, read on to find out how to restore your streak.
In addition to getting your Snapstreak back, our FAQ covers how to maintain a streak and what the longest streak score is so far.
How to recover a streak on Snapchat
Sometimes the motive for a Snapstreak ending is out of control.
If you think you have followed the Snapstreak rules and your streak has expired in error, do the following from your Snap account to start the recovery process:
- Open Snapchat and log into your account.
- Touch “Settings”.
- Towards the bottom, go to the “Supports” section.
- Tap “I need help” and then “Snapstreaks.”
- From the section “What if my Snapstreak is gone?” option, choose “Let us know.”
- Select “My Snapstreaks are missing.”
- Complete the form, including as much information as possible.
- Click “Submit” to submit your form.
If the hourglass emoji was displayed before your streak ended, Snapchat may not be able to help you. However, you can strengthen your case to get it back in the “What information should we know?” From the form.
Or from the Snapchats support page:
- Go to Snapchat support.
- Select «Contact us».
- Under the “How can we help?” Section, choose “My Snapstreaks are missing.”
- Complete the form, including as much detail as possible.
- Tap «Send» to send.
If the hourglass emoji was displayed before your streak ended, Snapchat may not be able to help you. You can support your recovery case in the “What information do we need to know?” From the form.
How do streaks work?
A Snapstreak is formed when you and your friend exchange direct snapshots (do not chat) within 24 hours for more than three consecutive days. Once certain streak thresholds are crossed, you will be awarded these unique emojis:
- The Fire Emoji: This sign will appear after the three day mark to confirm that you are on a Snapstreak.
- All 100 Emoji – This sign appears once you’ve been on a Snapstreak for 100 consecutive days.
- The mountain emoji: There is a mystery in this award since Snapchat has not confirmed its threshold to receive it. Snapchatters have claimed that they have seen it at some point during an exceptionally long streak.
All emojis are displayed next to your Snapstreak partner’s name, with the total number of streak days. If you miss a day, it will reset to zero.
You will continue to see different emojis throughout your Snapstreak. One to watch out for is the hourglass emoji, which indicates that your Snapstreak is about to expire. If you want to continue, send your friend a snap or ask them to send you one.
What won’t count towards your fast streak
The following five types of interactions will not count towards your Snapstreak:
- Chat: Text chat between you and your Snapstreak partner will not count toward your streak.
- Group chats: Snapchat will not include snapshots set up for a group chat to your Snapstreak. Snaps must be submitted individually.
- Stories – Daily story recordings will not count for your Snapstreak, even if your friend watches the story.
- Shows: If you use Snapchat Spectacles to send content to your streak friend, it will not increase the Snapstreak.
- Memories: Sharing memories with your streak friend will not be considered a Snapstreak interaction.
To keep your Snapstreak going, keep things simple. Send photo or video content to each other only.
Is there a Snapchat support number I can call?
Unfortunately, Snapchat does not have a support phone number. For answers to questions and troubleshooting, you should contact them through their «Contact Us” Web page.
Keeping your streaks instant
Not only does the Snapstreaking feature keep you engaged on the platform, it is also likely to bring out your competitive side. The platform helps with a display of numbered streaks and reminders when a plugin has not been sent within 24 hours. In case you’re wondering how it compares, check out who currently holds the record for the longest Snapchat streak.
Although you and your partner may be in your A game, issues beyond your control, such as connectivity issues, can crop up and may result in Snapchat ending its streak.
Fortunately, in a lost snapshot scenario, where neither party was at fault, you can ask Snapchat to restore your streak and pick up where you left off.