If you are one of the few members of the exclusive Raya dating app, you know that you can find potential partners from all over the world. While this is great, maybe you just want to pair up with people from a particular region.
Because Raya only allows you to filter age and gender and not location, this can be tricky. And it is only through the «Maps» tool that you can find and chat with nearby people. If you are looking for a way around this, this article can help. We will discuss how to change your location in Raya in a few easy steps.
How to change your location in Raya on an iPhone
The best way to change your location on your iPhone without physically being in that new geolocation is to use a virtual private network (VPN). By using a reputable VPN provider like ExpressVPN, you can use applications and explore content that you normally would not be able to access from your real location. The following steps will show you how to use ExpressVPN to change your Raya location on your iPhone:
Limited offer: 3 months FREE!
- Sign up for ExpressVPN
- Download ExpressVPN from the iPhone app store.
- Once downloaded, you will need to create an account and log in. A monthly subscription costs around $ 12.99.
- Once you have logged in, read the privacy agreement and, if you agree, click the “Accept and continue” button.
- Click “Continue” to configure your VPN.
- ExpressVPN will ask you to add VPN settings. Choose ‘Allow’. This is a standard message for any VPN application installed on iOS devices. ExpressVPN will never filter or monitor your network activity.
- On the next page, enter your password to continue.
- Select your preferences for your ExpressVPN notifications and then tap “OK.”
- A new page will ask if you want to help improve ExpressVPN; Choose between “Accept” or “No, thank you.”
Your VPN is now configured. You will now need to configure your location before logging in to Raya. This is how you do it:
- Open ExpressVPN on your iPhone.
- On the «Home» screen that opens, touch the icon with the three dots next to the «Smart location» bar. The different locations you can choose from will appear in a menu.
- Select the location that best suits your needs by tapping the “All locations” tab.
- From here, select the continent, country, and state where you want to set your location. The “Home” screen should automatically reappear once you have made your selection.
- Touch the large “Connect” button on the screen. When connected, the red ring around the button will turn green. The location of your IP address is now set to the location you have chosen.
- Launch Raya on your iPhone. You will now be showing your new location.
If you go to the “Maps” tab, you can search for people near you to connect to the new geolocation you have chosen.
To change your location to a different place, log out of Raya, reopen ExpressVPNand follow steps two through five. If you want to disconnect the VPN completely, open ExpressVPN and tap the “Connect” button. This button will turn gray and indicate that you are disconnecting.
Limited offer: 3 months FREE!
How to change the location in Raya on an Android
Because Raya is only designed for use on iOS devices, it is likely that you are running the application as an APK file on your Android device. You can use a VPN while using these apps to change your location. We suggest using ExpressVPN to change your Raya location on your Android device. First, you will need to download and configure your VPN:
- First, sign up for ExpressVPN
- Go to the Google Play Store, search for ExpressVPN, download and install it. The application is only compatible with Android 5.0 and is free to download. To use the VPN, you will need to sign up for a monthly subscription for $ 12.99.
- After the application is installed, you must create an account and log in.
- On the next page, when asked if you want to help improve ExpressVPN, choose “Accept” or “No, thank you.”
- To configure your VPN, tap “OK”. A pop-up window will ask for your permission to approve the connection request from ExpressVPN. Click OK. » This message is standard for adding a VPN to an Android device, and ExpressVPN will never filter or monitor your network activity.
The VPN on your Android device is now configured.
Once your VPN is set up, you must select your new location and turn on your VPN before using Raya. These are the steps you need to follow:
Limited offer: 3 months FREE!
- Open your Android device and launch the ExpressVPN app.
- Navigate to the “Smart Location” bar on the app’s home screen. Next to this bar there is an icon with three dots; Click on it.
- In the “Locations” menu, click on the “All Locations” tab. From here, choose your continent, country, and then state. Once you have made your selection, the application will return to the “Home” screen.
- If it has not started to connect automatically, tap the “Connect” button. When connected, the ring around the button will change from red to green and read ‘Connected’.
- Go back to the «Home» screen of your Android device and locate your «Raya» application.
- Launch the app and you will now be connected using your new location. You can also go to the “Maps” option and view the people near you for this new location.
If you want to change the location on your VPN, please log out and close the Raya app first. Then reopen ExpressVPN and follow steps two through four again before logging back into Raya.
If you want to turn off the VPN, open the ExpressVPN application and click the “Connect” button to disconnect from the VPN.
Complete location change!
Changing your location in Raya is perhaps a bit more challenging than you thought. But, with the help of the steps given in this article and the use of ExpressVPN, you can change your geolocation in just a few minutes.
All you need to worry about now is whether to swipe left or right!
Has Raya’s location changed on your iPhone or Android device? Did you use a method similar to the ones provided in this guide? If you have or used a different method, let us know in the comment section below.