Famitsu has published his estimate of best-selling video games and consoles for the week of November 8-14 in Japan, a period marked by the launch of Shin Megami Tensei V exclusively for Nintendo Switch: the Atlus title has been the best-selling game of the week with more than 140,000 units in two days, a good number especially considering that only physical sales are reflected in this list.
Even so, as they remember from Gematsu, not the best launch of the franchise Shin Megami Tensei: the current record has it Shin Megami Tensei IV for Nintendo 3DS, released with 188,652 copies sold in Japan in May 2013. Three years later it was released Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse, which debuted in this market with fewer copies than the new delivery, specifically with 96,349 units sold in February 2016.
In the list of best-selling video games in Japan from November 8 to 14 we find some another new release, as the expansion Dragon Quest X: Tensei no Eiyuu-tachi Online which has been released with 22,702 copies sold for Switch and 11,791 for PS4, making a total of 34,493 units sold. Although it is not a new release, Mario Party Superstars, the best-selling game of the past week, also ranks high on this list: it was the second-best-selling game with more than 45,000 new copies that place it close to 300,000 units sold since its launch at the end of October.
Nintendo Switch repeats as the best-selling console of the week
Talking about hardware we found few surprises, with the Nintendo Switch family in the lead with a total of 87,267 consoles sold Among its three models, followed by the PS5 family with 4910 units in total, Xbox Series X / S with 2593 consoles and PS4 with 1399 units. On an individual level, the best-selling console of the week has been the standard model of Nintendo Switch followed by the OLED model and the Lite.
You can see below the complete list of best-selling video games and consoles in Japan from November 8 to 14:
- [NSW] Shin Megami Tensei V (Atlus. 11/11/21) 143,247 (New)
- [NSW] Mario Party Superstars (Nintendo. 10/29/21) 45.045 (289.700)
- [NSW] Dragon Quest X: Tensei no Eiyuu-tachi Online (Square Enix. 11/11/21) 22.702 (Nuevo)
- [NSW] Ring Fit Adventure (Nintendo. 10/18/19) 12.921 (2.909.153)
- [PS4] Dragon Quest X: Tensei no Eiyuu-tachi Online (Square Enix. 11/11/21) 11.791 (Nuevo)
- [PS4] Call of Duty: Vanguard (SIE. 05/11/21) 11,719 (40,040)
- [NSW] Animal Crossing: New Horizons (Nintendo. 03/20/20) 9286 (6.934.540)
- [NSW] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Nintendo. 04/28/17) 8886 (4.132.260)
- [NSW] Minecraft (Microsoft. 06/21/18) 8798 (2.269.592)
- [NSW] Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Nintendo. 12/07/18) 8608 (4.498.118)
- Switch 46.547 (17.393.948)
- Switch OLED 23708 (308,205)
- Switch Lite 17.012 (4.156.839)
- PlayStation 5 4.606 (984.266)
- Xbox Series S 2.243 (50.999)
- PlayStation 4 1.399 (7.818.625)
- New 2DS LL (incluyendo 2DS) 417 (1.176.988)
- Xbox Series X 350 (67.716)
- PlayStation 5 Digital Edition 304 (188.672)