NVIDIA has given us a few minutes ago some news of the juiciest with respect to his section of software-level technologies focusing primarily on the different texture rescaling and smoothing tools available to gamers.
The first thing that the green brand announced is DLSS 2.3, the latest update of this technology that uses artificial intelligence to resize the image offering the best possible quality / performance ratio in more than 130 games.
This new version of DLSS continues to use deep learning to improve and noticeably reduces ghosting and other visual defects while continuing to improve performance. DLSS 2.3 can be introduced into already compatible games in two different ways, through patches created by the developers themselves or through NVIDIA driver updates (with prior permission from the creators of the games) and initially released in titles such as Cyberpunk 2077 O Doom Eternal. You have several examples of the benefits of the new DLSS in this video:
DLSS is an exclusive technology for NVIDIA RTX graphics, however, the rest of GeForce GPUs so far could also make use of another system called NVIDIA Image Scaling which was available through GeForce Experience software. However, the smoothing and texture rescaling options of this tool to improve performance in games without sacrificing too much visual quality were somewhat hidden and with the next NVIDIA drivers it will facilitate their access so that all gamers with GeForce GTX graphics can use them.
Also, another very important step from NVIDIA in this regard is the release of the NVIDIA Image Scaling SDK, an open source development kit to be available on GitHub from this afternoon and to allow any developer use this technology that could be compatible with any graphics card on the market today, from GeForce GTX more modest until GPU de AMD o Intel that could also benefit from this technology that, according to the brand, is superior to AMD’s FSR (although it remains a notch below the DLSS of its RTX graphics).
Finally during the month of November they will be launched (or have already been launched) 10 New DLSS Compatible Titles which will be the following:
- Assetto Corsa Competizione incluir DLSS ready.
- AWAY: The Survival added DLSS on November 17.
- Battlefield 2042 is now available with DLSS, ray tracing, and NVIDIA Reflex.
- Bright Memory: Infinite is out now with DLSS, ray tracing, and NVIDIA Reflex.
- Elder Scrolls Online is now available with DLSS and DLAA.
- Farming Simulator 22 will arrive on November 22 with DLSS and DLAA.
- Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy The Definitive Edition ya est disponible con DLSS.
- Hot Wheels Unleashed ya est a la venta con DLSS.
- Jurassic World Evolution 2 ya est disponible con DLSS.
- Myth of Empires arriving November 18 with ray tracing and DLSS.