Crunchyroll has become the preferred streaming service for most anime and manga fans, though it also offers drama, music, and even racing. The niche content is really great. However, there are challenges when it comes to managing accounts. The username is fixed and there is no easy way to change it.
But there is no reason to worry. This article explores how you can update your Crunchyroll username. Please note that this may require several steps.
How to change your username and Crunchyroll
You cannot change your Crunchyroll username directly. What you can do is cancel your subscription, delete the account, and create a backup of everything.
Depending on your payment method, there are several methods to cancel your subscriptions.
The Crunchyroll Premium membership is canceled through your iTunes account.
- Launch the Settings app, then tap on your username.
- Select subscriptions and tap on Crunchyroll.
- Choose Cancel subscription and confirm.
- Go to Activity in your PayPal account. Browse to the latest Crunchyroll upload, select it.
- Click or tap “Manage Crunchyroll Payments.”
- The billing details will be displayed with a status option.
- Click Cancel.
- Choose Yes to confirm and you’re done.
Tip: Return to Billing Details to confirm that the payment status is Canceled.
Press the Home button on your remote and navigate to subscriptions using one of the two options.
- Choose Start and navigate to Crunchyroll.
- Press the Asterisk button on the remote control.
- Navegue a Streaming Channels y busque Crunchyroll.
- Once highlighted, press OK.
Since you need to create a new account, it is best to remove Crunchyroll from Roku right away.
- Go to your account page on Crunchyroll (sign in as needed).
- Select Account Billing and you will see the Cancel button.
- Click or tap the button and confirm your choice.
Important note: If there is no cancel button, you have probably subscribed through a third-party service.
- Log into your Google Play account and select My subscriptions on the left.
- Choose Crunchyroll, then select Manage.
- On the Manage menu, click Unsubscribe.
- Select Yes in the pop-up window to confirm.
- Open your browser and go to crunchyroll.com/nuke.
- You will see a survey window asking why you are deleting the account.
- Select one and write your explanation under “Explain more below” as needed.
- Enter your account password in the designated field.
- Click Deactivate Now and select OK to confirm.
Note: This permanently deletes all your user data and preferences from the streaming service.
- Once you have deleted the old account, go to the Crunchyroll registration page from your browser.
- Enter your credentials and deselect Crunchyroll Updates.
- Sign up for the 14-day trial with your preferred subscription model and add a payment method.
Professional advice: You have already canceled your subscription and deleted your old account. But Crunchyroll can still remember your IP address and prevent you from signing up for a free trial account. To avoid this, it is better to use a different IP address or spoof it with a VPN.
Additional tips for getting the Crunchyroll premium trial
There are two ways to get special offers and enjoy Crunchyroll Premium with special benefits.
After registering, you get access to the forums. There is a vibrant community with a special forum section offering premium timed passes and more.
These appear from time to time. You can also ask other users to direct you to a promotional offer.
A handful of the top manga and anime groups on Facebook may have an active partnership with Crunchyroll. They offer prizes, usually timed access to Crunchyroll Premium, if you like, follow or comment on their page.
Apart from Facebook, you can also find them on Twitter. Find a group you like, turn on group notifications, and wait for promotional offers.
Understandably, your current Crunchyroll username is not perfect. But do you really need to go to the trouble of deleting your account and setting it up again?
Sure, you’ll get another 14-day trial period. But you will lose your data and can easily access your favorite shows.
Your last resort may be to contact Crunchyroll customer service and implore them to allow you to change your username.
So how did it go? Did you manage to change your Crunchyroll username? Did you contact customer service and what did they tell you?