MyFitnessPal is like your best omniscient fitness partner. Keeps track of everything related to your diet, training, and weight loss plan. Losing weight doesn’t have to be your plan as this app is also a great companion to keep your body the way it is. You can also use it when you are trying to gain a couple of pounds.
The application stores your data in the section Your diary. You can check the diary when you need to check your daily calorie intake, for example. Here’s how to add food, workouts, and more.
Add items to the journal on the web
You can add food to your diary using the MyFitnessPal site instead of the app. It is simple:
- Go to the MyFitnessPal website and log into your account.
- Click on the second tab of the main bar: Meal.
- You will see all the foods listed below, and you will see the Add food option below each one.
- When you select Add food, the site will redirect you to a new page. There, you can add different foods from the site’s database. You can also add favorites, choose from recent or frequent meals, and more.
- You can also use the search field. Type in the name of the food and when the results appear, click on the food you want. Then select Adding food to the daily On the right.
- Confirm and go back to the Food Diary page, and your chosen food will be there. You will also get information on calories, carbohydrates, fats, proteins, etc.
Add items in the app
Both Android and iOS devices have recently received updates, so now there is an easy way to add anything to your journal with just a few taps.
- Launch the MyFitnessPal application on your smartphone.
- When the main page opens, tap the big blue + sign.
- You will see different items that you can add to your daily routine. Tap on Food.
- In the pop-up window, choose which food you want to add the food to.
- Type the name of the desired food in the search field or choose from the history. You can filter it in various ways.
Add to My Foods section
In this section, you can also create recipes and prepare meals with ingredients that you normally eat together. You can even add new foods to the My Foods section. You can add custom foods when you can’t find what you’re looking for in the search field.
Note that you can describe the food to make it easier to find; It may not be enough to write “egg,” but adding “fried” or “poached” will give you more accurate results.
How to add other items to your journal
The process is very similar to adding food and the same goes for adding exercises.
- Launch the app and open the home screen.
- Touch the blue plus sign.
If you want to add water, touch the glass icon and then add the amount of water you have drunk. Note that you can change the units and choose ounces or cups instead of milliliters.
To record your workouts, touch the yellow icon and select the type of exercise you have done: cardio or strength. You can browse existing ones or add your own. You can even see the most used ones.
You also have the option of adding a status if you want to share your thoughts with others, or “write down” what you have in mind. Tap the green icon, enter the desired status, add a photo (optional), and tap the check mark in the upper right corner to post.
On the way to success
There is probably nothing more motivating than seeing how much you’ve done and how well you’re keeping up with your plans and goals. That’s just one of the reasons MyFitnessPal is so good. Adding food and keeping track of what you eat can be helpful even if you’re not on a diet. We’ve all been in situations where we just don’t have ideas for cooking. Here you will have everything in one place.
Have you created recipes on MyFitnessPal? What’s on your top food list? Share your thoughts in the comment section below.