Sharing multiple images in your Stories or Instagram posts is a time-saving process that will help you increase engagement and create a consistent theme within your content. There are several ways to add multiple photos to your Instagram Stories or your posts. We will give you step-by-step instructions for each of them so that you can choose the method that best suits your needs.
How to post multiple photos to your Instagram story
Instagram Stories are great because they are less permanent and more casual than regular Instagram posts. If you are looking for new ways to add content to your Instagram Stories, why not post multiple photos at once or create a single collage with multiple images? Posting multiple images to your Instagram story is incredibly easy and is a great way to boost engagement and grow your following.
How to add multiple photos to an Instagram story
Creating a story series consisting of multiple photos from your photo library takes just seconds on Instagram and allows you to add up to 10 photos at a time. That’s how:
- Tap the camera icon to open your Stories.
- Touch the photo icon at the bottom of the screen.
- Choose the multiple photos icon, located above your photo gallery.
- Touch the photos you want to add in the order you want them to appear in your Stories. A number will appear when you touch each photo so you know the order. You can add up to 10 photos to your Stories at a time.
- Touch Next to start adding stickers, text, or music to your photos.
- When you’ve edited your photos, tap Next.
- Tap Your Story to share your photos in order.
How to post multiple photos to the same story
If you want your photos to appear on the same screen in an Instagram story, you can use the tag feature:
- Tap the camera icon within Instagram to open your Stories.
- Next, tap on the photo icon to add a main photo to your Story.
- Then tap the tag icon at the top of the screen.
- Scroll down until you find the photo tag and tap on it.
- Your second photo will appear on the screen.
- Repeat this until you have the photos you want for your story.
- Drag your photos to reposition them. Pinch or spread two fingers across the screen to make photos smaller or larger.
- Add text, music, or pictures to complete your story.
- Touch Your Stories to add your photos to your Stories.
Why can’t I add multiple photos to my story?
The multiple photos feature in Stories is still being rolled out around the world, so it may not be available where you live. If you don’t see the icon for multiple photos when uploading your Stories, try updating the Instagram app to the latest version. If the feature still doesn’t appear, hold on tight. It’s only a matter of time before Instagram rolls out this new feature in your area.
How to post multiple photos as a collage
Have you already tried the Instagram layout? This is a great tool that allows you to create Instagram stories as collages of your favorite photos. Here’s how to use it:
- Open Instagram Stories by tapping the camera icon at the top left of your screen.
- On the left side of the screen, tap the Design icon.
- Scroll through the different layout options located above the shutter button.
- Tap the photo icon at the bottom left to choose your photos for your collage.
- Once you’ve created your collage, you can add stickers, text, music, or filters using the icons at the top of the screen.
- Tap Your Stories to share your creation with your followers.
There are also other ways to make a photo collage on iPhone, but Layout is the one that best integrates with the Instagram application.
How to add multiple photos to an Instagram post
How about adding multiple photos to a regular Instagram post? Fortunately, this is even easier than adding multiple photos to Instagram Stories.
How to put multiple images in an Instagram post
- Open Instagram and tap + at the bottom of the screen to create a new post.
- Touch the multiple photos icon above your photo gallery.
- Choose the photos you want to appear in your post. They will be numbered in the order you choose them (which is the order they will appear in your post).
- When you’re done selecting your photos, tap Next.
- You can add filters or edit each photo individually from the next screen.
- Tap Next and type your title, add hashtags, tag accounts, and add your location.
- Tap Share to post to your Instagram profile.
How to post multiple images without cropping
Once upon a time, you could only add multiple photos if they fit the square format that Instagram is famous for. Instagram no longer requires you to use square photos for multiple photos. The caveat is that all photos will be created with the same aspect ratio as the first photo you choose:
- Open Instagram and tap the + at the bottom of the screen.
- Choose your first photo: horizontal, square or vertical.
- Choose all the consecutive photos you want to post. (Note that if you select a photo with a different aspect ratio than the first photo you selected, Instagram will automatically crop it to match.)
- Use your finger to drag the cropped photo until you are satisfied with the position.
- Tap Next to add filters and make edits to each photo.
- Then tap Next again to add a title, hashtags, location, etc.
- Finally, tap Share to create your post with multiple photos.
How many photos can you post in an Instagram post?
You can add up to 10 photos to your carousel post on Instagram.
Can you add more photos to a previous Instagram post?
Unfortunately, you cannot add more photos to an Instagram post that has already been created and published. Your only option is to delete the original post and create a new one with the additional photos.
How to post multiple photos to Instagram on desktop
Creator Studio is a new tool that allows you to schedule your Instagram posts from your desktop using Facebook. However, you must have a Facebook page in addition to a personal Facebook account in order to access Creator Studio. Here’s how to use it to create your multi-photo post on Instagram:
- Log into Facebook on your computer and go to their page.
- In the menu on the left sidebar, click Publishing tools.
- Under the tools in the sidebar, click Creator Studio.
- Then click on the Instagram icon at the top of the screen.
- Then click Create Post> Instagram Feed.
- Click Add Content to access the option to choose photos from your photo library on your computer.
- Select multiple photos by holding down the command key (check if you are using a PC) and clicking each photo.
- When the photos have uploaded, you can add your caption and location.
- Finally, click Publish to publish your publication immediately, or click the arrow to schedule your publication for some time in the future.
Once you learn how to post multiple photos to your Instagram posts and stories, you will find it to be a great way to spice up your account, tell a story, or create a theme within your posts.