Closed captioning can be a very convenient feature of your Hisense TV. Whether you’re watching an action-packed movie or a dramatic TV show from a different country, subtitles in your native language allow you to bridge the language gap. As a result, you can enjoy more content. But how exactly are subtitles activated?
In this article, we will show you how to enable closed captioning on your Hisense TV. You will also learn how to do it on Netflix, Disney Plus and find more useful information.
How to turn subtitles on and off on a Hisense TV
This is what you will need to do to enable or disable closed captioning on your Hisense TV:
- Press the «Caption» key on the remote control. It should be below the «9» key.
- This will reveal a window called “Subtitle”.
- Press the “On” or “Off” button with the arrow key on the remote control.
Your Hisense TV also allows you to change the subtitle language. Follow the steps below to do so:
- Press “Quick Menu” on the remote control.
- Navigate through the menu and scroll down to the “Settings” section.
- Press the “OK” button on the remote control.
- Go to “System” and press “OK” once more.
- Go to «Language and location» and press the «OK» button.
- Press “OK” again once you have reached the “Main Subtitle” window.
- Find the language you want and press «OK».
- Return to the program with the “Exit” button on the remote control.
How to turn subtitles on and off in Netflix on a Hisense TV
Before you can turn Netflix captions on or off on a Hisense TV, you will first need to link your device to your profile. More specifically, you need to connect your Hisense Google TV or Hisense TV media player to a Netflix profile.
Follow the steps below if the remote control contains a [email protected] button:
- press the [email protected] on the remote control.
- Choose ‘Netflix’ and select the ‘Member Login’ option.
- Enter your Netflix account email and password. If you have not created your Netflix profile, you will need to become a member first.
- Press «Continue».
Your device should now be connected to Netflix.
The process is slightly different if your remote has the All Apps button:
- Press “All Apps” on the remote control and select “Netflix.”
- Choose the “Member Login” option.
- Enter your password and email address. Again, set up your account if you haven’t already.
- Press «Continue» to finish the process.
Finally, this is what to do if you have a Hisense Roku TV:
- Navigate to your home screen and open “Netflix.”
- Choose the “Login” option. If there is no login screen, choose “Yes” when asked if you are subscribed to Netflix. If you haven’t set up your account, please do so before continuing.
- Write here your e-mail address.
- Choose «Next».
- Enter your password and press the “Login” option.
- Select “Start” and your device should be connected.
To log in with another email address or start over, use the following arrow key combination:
If entered correctly, the sequence will allow you to choose between ‘Deactivate’, ‘Start over’ and ‘Log out’.
After pairing your Hisense TV and Netflix, you can finally turn closed captions on and off. Fortunately, you shouldn’t have a hard time finding this feature with the latest version of the platform:
- Launch Netflix on your Hisense TV.
- Pick a movie or TV show.
- Press the “Audio and subtitles” option on the panel.
- Choose your preferred audio or subtitle options.
- Select the “Back” button to return to the previous panel.
- Press “Play” and you’re done.
You may also be able to access the subtitle options while your movie or TV show is in progress:
- Open Netflix on your TV.
- Play a movie or TV show.
- While the movie or TV show is running, press the “up” arrow.
- Press the «Dialog» button. Press the “down” arrow to access the subtitles and audio menu if the button does not appear.
- Turn the subtitles on and off.
Enabling and disabling subtitles in older versions of Netflix is pretty similar:
- Go to your Netflix app on your Hisense TV.
- Select and play a movie or TV show.
- Use your remote control to press the “CC” or “Caption” button. Another option is to press the arrow button twice.
- Choose “Audio and Subtitles”.
- Press «Subtitles» and you will be able to activate or deactivate subtitles.
How to turn subtitles on and off in Disney Plus on a Hisense TV
Disney Plus on Hisense lets you enjoy some of the world’s most popular shows, including Mandalorian, Loki, and Star Wars. Best of all, you can watch them with subtitles. You can enable them in just a few seconds:
- Download and launch your Disney Plus.
- Pick a TV show or movie and start playing it.
- Press the star button on the app or your Roku TV remote.
- Tap the right arrow or press the “OK” button.
- Go to the “Accessibility” window.
- Scroll down to the “Closed Captions” option and press the right arrow to activate captions. To disable closed captioning, press the right arrow until the “Disable” button appears.
Where is the CC button on a Hisense remote control?
Your Hisense remote should also come with a CC button. On most devices, it is located below the «9» key.
On other models, you can find it in the center section near the red, blue, and yellow keys. The CC button is green. Press it and it should open up your CC options.
Opening the door for hours of fun
Enabling closed captions on your Hisense TV is a great way to enjoy previously inaccessible content. Overcomes the language barrier, allowing you to access the most popular foreign language movies and TV shows. It also works great for lightening muffled audio and allowing you to better understand your favorite inputs.
Do you watch the content of your Hisense TV with subtitles? Are they distracting or helpful? Let us know in the comment section below.