Niantic had promised it and the community already wanted, as of today, Tuesday, November 9 from 2021, Giovanni has finally returned a Pokmon GO after several weeks of absence from the mobile game. The head of Team GO Rocket has been included again in Spain and around the world as part of the Festival of Lights event that is taking place these days and, this time, if we succeed fight it and beat it We can get a very special Pokémon: Dark Lugia. In this news we will tell you how to find Giovanni and what are the Pokémon that are part of his team to use against him the best possible counters.
Trainers, don’t forget to complete this season’s special investigation story. So you can participate in an exclusive end-of-season special investigation story focusing on Hoopa.
How to find Giovanni in November 2021?
The procedure to find Giovanni in November 2021 is similar to the one followed first to find all 3 Leaders of Team GO Rocket (Cliff, Sierra and Arlo), and the one that is still in the game so far, although with slight variations. If you want to find him, very attentive, this is all you have to keep in mind:
- This time Giovanni’s appearance is directly related with Hoopa’s special investigation story titled “Misunderstood Mischief”, which is available during the current Season of Mischief.
- Players must complete the various tasks and phases of this investigation until we reach phase 15.
- On phase 15 there are various tasks related to Team GO Rocket that will allow you to get a Super Radar Rocket as a reward.
- As soon as you get the Super Radar Rocket, you can use it to locate Giovanni into a Poktop and fight him.
As you already know, by defeating recruits from Team GO Rocket in Pokparadas or flying balloons you get the Rocket radars. By gathering three of these we can face one of the leaders of Team GO Rocket and, repeating these steps until we defeat the three leaders, we will gather enough to obtain the Super Radar Rocket.
With the Super Radar Rocket activated we will have to look for Giovanni in Pokparadas, although sometimes they can get false decoys to mislead (keep in mind that the Super Radar does not work between 06:00 and 22:00, local time). Once we have found the real Giovanni, we will be able to face him and if we manage to defeat him we will have as rewards an assured encounter with Dark Lugia.
Best counters to defeat Giovanni (November 2021)
Keep in mind that Giovanni has Extremely powerful Pokémon on your computer. As on previous occasions, his team is made up of three Pokémon. Always use Persian first and Dark Lugia third. Meanwhile, your second option can vary between three possible Pokémon. These are the best counters that you can use against Giovanni’s current team, in the month of November 2021.
Persian is a Pokémon that has usually been closely linked to Giovanni, that’s why the boss always take it out as the first confrontation. Luckily I won’t make things too difficult for you.
- Persian – Mejores counters: the movements are quite effective Fight type against him. It is recommended to use Machamp, Lucario, Hariyama, Conkeldurr o Heracross, for instance. A Very defensive Pokémon, in which case you decide.
Giovanni’s Second Pokemon
Giovanni’s second Pokémon is one different in each meeting, although the possibilities are usually limited to three different and possible per month or event. This time is using Kingler, Nidoking or Rhyperior, so these are the best counters against them.
- Best Kingler counters: Ideally, use Electric and Grass type Pokémon such as Venusaur, Manectric, Ampharos, Abomasnow, Zarude or Raikou.
- Best Nidoking counters: Kyogre, Mewtwo, Gyarados, Feraligatr, Salamance or Weavile are some of the best options, definitely Pokémon that are Water, Psychic, Ice or Earth type.
- Mejores counters Rhyperior: Blastoise, Swampert, Gyarados, Venusaur or Torterra. In general, any strong Pokémon of the Water or Grass type.
In third place Giovanni currently has Dark Lugia in the month of November 2021. This second generation Legendary Pokémon is Psychic and Flying type. Obviously the best picks against Dark Lugia will be Pokémon and Ghost, Dark, Electric, Ice and Rock-type moves. The following are the best recommendations or counters.
- Melmetal: Thunder Shock and Avalanche.
- Zacian: Scream and Cruel Volt.
- Yveltal: Scream and Umbral Pulse.
- Bisharp: Scream and Umbral Pulse.
- Magnezone: Spark and Cruel Volt.
- Abomasnow: Powder Snow and Meteorball.
- Gyarados: Dragon Breath and Shred.
- Regirock: Fix White and Sharp Rock.
- Raikou: Impactrueno and Voltio Cruel.
- Tyranitar: Anti-aircraft and Shred.
Pokmon Go, is available free for Android and iOS since 2016. If you want to know more details of the title, you can consult our complete guide with tips and tricks.